If you are reading this article, it is probably for a few reasons. First, your bed rails may be breaking down before your eyes. Or maybe, you would rather have a better material lining your truck. No matter why you are in the process of looking for the best truck bed rails, you have come to the right place.
When helping to protect your vehicle, there is nothing better than caps to protect against dings, dents, and deterioration. Also, they are great for tying things down or making your truck look like its brand new. With a plethora of prices, styles, sizes, shapes, and brands, it can be hard to navigate through the noise.
10 Best Truck Bed Rails: At A Glance
|1. Wade 72-01151 Truck Bed Rail Caps|
|2. Bushwacker 49520 Chevrolet OE Style|
|3. Husky Liners Bed Rail Protector Fits 07-13|
|4. Dee Zee DZ11992B Black-Tread Bed Caps|
|5. ICI SPBR46 Stainless Steel Truck Bed Rail Cap|
|6. Pair of Stainless Steel Chrome Truck Bar Rail|
|7. Stampede BRC0003H Black Rail Topz Bed Rail|
|8. Westin Wade 72-11168 Black Smooth Finish|
|9. ECOTRIC Black Ribbed Finish|
|10. TAC Bed Rails Fit 2014-2019|
But, with the help of this review buyer’s guide, you will be ready to roll when picking the best bed rail that fits you and your rugged lifestyle out on the road.
- Top 10 Best Truck Bed Rails Review:
- 1. Wade 72-01151 Truck Bed Rail Caps with Stake Holes
- 2. Bushwacker 49520 Chevrolet OE Style Ultimate BedRail Cap
- 3. Husky Liners Bed Rail Protector Fits 07-13 Silverado
- 4. Dee Zee DZ11992B Black-Tread Bed Caps
- 5. ICI SPBR46 Stainless Steel Truck Bed Rail Cap with Holes
- 6. Pair of Stainless Steel Chrome Truck Side Bar Rail
- 7. Stampede BRC0003H Black Rail Topz Bed Rail Cap
- 8. Westin Wade 72-11168 Black Smooth Finish Truck Cab Guard Cap
- 9. ECOTRIC Truck Bed Rail Caps Black Ribbed Finish
- 10. TAC Bed Rails Fit 2014-2019 Chevy Silverado
- Buying Guide: Things To Consider When Buying A Truck Bed Rail
- Purpose of Using Truck Bed Rail Caps
- How to Install Truck Bed Rail Caps
- FAQs: Frequently Asked Questions About Truck Bed Rails
Top 10 Best Truck Bed Rails Review:
1. Wade 72-01151 Truck Bed Rail Caps with Stake Holes
These truck bed rail caps are perfect for preventing any damage to your vehicle. Owned by Westin, the company Wade makes these bed rails make your vehicle look like it came straight out of the factory. Each product is designed for durability and stylishness. By using 3M tape, the installation will take no time at all. With every purchase, you will receive a 2-piece set that has a lifetime warranty that is limited in nature.
At just over 6 ounces, this product barely weighs anything at all. Black is the only color that is offered at this time. Only use this product if you have a traditional bed, but not a long or extended bed. Specifically, this product fits in Chevy and GMC trucks. The product is made from hard plastic.
However, this material can really take a beating without hurting your vehicle’s paint job, among other things. At 1/8 inches thick, this is a small, but the mighty option that is great for your truck’s protection for years to come.
- Bed caps will fit perfectly
- Essential for short bed trucks only
- Side tape allows for a stable mounting process
- Safe and secure packaging
- Great for covering any paint that has been chipped
- Will not warp over time
2. Bushwacker 49520 Chevrolet OE Style Ultimate BedRail Cap
The Bushwacker BedRail Caps are perfect for Chevrolet beds that measure 6 and ½ feet. At 7 pounds, it is one of the heavier options on this review but will line your bed with ease. The Buckwacker name prides itself on protecting against new dents while covering old ones. This way, you will not have to spend loads of money doing costly body repair.
Made in the United States of America, these custom truck bed rails are quite thick and never warp. By using Dura-Flex technology, your truck bed will be able to handle the elements and any material that is thrown into the back of your truck. Bushwacker knows this product will work for you because they have used the same material with their Jeeps. Because of this, they have had great success in the past and hope to pass it onto you in the present.
This material is also UV protectant, so the colors won’t fade over time. Also, there is great screw-clip technology that can help you when tying down or covering things in your bed. Bushwacker doesn’t make cheap products; they finish what they start by doing it well.
- Product is for only for side rails
- Fit in long beds specifically
- Fully adhesive tape keeps the rails connected
- No peeling over time
- Quality design
3. Husky Liners Bed Rail Protector Fits 07-13 Silverado
Husky liners are some of the best in the business for a few reasons. First off, the style of this product screams ruggedness. With its factory finish, these truck bed rails are perfect for Chevy Silverado and other similar models. The stake-holes, that are removable, are perfect for a successful, quick installation.
The protectors are also easy to remove if for some reason you do not need its services for a time. With a lifetime guarantee, which is of the “no hassle” variety, you should expect great things from this liner. The caps specifically fall into this warranty category.
Created in the United States of America, Husky gives its customers peace of mind that their products set the standard across the marketplace. The material that Husky uses is called Thermoplastic Polyolefin (TPO). This product holds up even under the harshest of conditions.
If you are looking for save your rails from damage, Husky is one brand you could definitely rely on. With the company being around for almost 100 years, you can expect greatness from Husky.
- Installed easily with 3M tape
- Perfect for a short bed truck
- Includes 4 caps to hold the liner down
- Takes less than 30 minutes to connect with your truck
- Sharp design that will turn heads
4. Dee Zee DZ11992B Black-Tread Bed Caps
When people are searching for bed liners, it is usually because theirs is starting to rust away. With these Dee Zee truck bed rails for sale, you can expect a diamond plate that is made of non-rusting aluminum. This aluminum is made of a heavy gauge for protection that is second to none. Covering the aluminum, there is a black powdered coating that protects and allows for a wonderful finish.
The fantastic technology, that Dee Zee uses, is a wrap-sided system that contours to the design of your truck. Also, the pocket holes are punched out, so they align perfectly with your vehicle. A limited lifetime warranty assures you that this product will last and last. If it does not, Dee Zee has your back.
Weighing just about 9 pounds, the bed caps will not break your body down as you try to install it. After your product is installed, it will fight against oxidation and stay glossy for years to come. This liner could very well be the last one you will ever need to buy for your truck.
- Fits short bed trucks
- Stake pockets will align similar to the appropriate truck
- Adhesive can be strengthened with screws
- Scratch-proof technology
- The installation will take you around 10 minutes
- Easy to clean when it gets messy
5. ICI SPBR46 Stainless Steel Truck Bed Rail Cap with Holes
ICI makes the next truck bed rail system that you should check out. The material is made from stainless steel, which has a premium grade mirror finish. With the help of 3M adhesive tape, this truck bed liner stays where you want it to be. The appearance and protection from these caps will be amazing to see on your truck. You truly do not even need any tools to install this product.
With a 12-month warranty, you can test the product for up to a year to see if it lives up to your standards. At 4 pounds, this liner is light to lift when installing. When you get your shipment out of the box, you will notice there is a left and a right section that line up perfectly with the holes in your truck.
Specifically, this truck bed liner works great for Chevrolet trucks with a 6-foot bed. If you are living in California, make sure to see if this product checks off against reproductive harm and cancer. This way, you will be safe when using the product.
- Holes line up perfectly with the truck bed itself
- Great design with a flattering appearance
- ICI ships their product for free
- Bed rails make your vehicle shine
- Smooth construction
6. Pair of Stainless Steel Chrome Truck Side Bar Rail
These truck bed side rail protectors could be a perfect product for your vehicle. With 2” diameter bars, they will precisely fit your expectations. Customizable rail bars, like these, will turn heads wherever you roam. You will not need to use a drill to mount this bed liner. It is easy to install for even a beginner of beginners. With each side rail bar, it is padded for extra prevention against scratches, dents, and dings.
Made by Auto Dynasty, this bed liner is polished, so it shines at every turn. In each package, you will receive a left & right bed rail and extra hardware to help with installation. These bed rails are compatible with Chevy GMC (1999-2000), Chevy GMC Silverado (1999-2006), 2007 Chevy GMC Silverado Classic, and Dodge Ram Trucks (1994-2017). This will be the perfect upgrade for your truck with these bolt-in tubular bed rails.
Look to purchase these bar rails if your truck is starting rust. This pair will help your truck look like new. There will be no “jerry-rigging” going on. You will only experience a new sense of joy when completing this project.
- Sleek design
- Flawless fit
- Installation takes about 10 minutes
- Adds a ruggedness to any truck
- Essential with any 6.5-foot bed
7. Stampede BRC0003H Black Rail Topz Bed Rail Cap
The Stampede brand is known for its quality products that are essential for any truck. From hood covers to window protectors, there is a lot to like from Stampede. In this review’s case, black truck bed rail caps are the real deal and should be seriously considered. No matter if you are going on a hunting trip or camping in the woods, having a bed liner like this one will go a long, long way.
At 5 total pounds, this rail cap in the real deal. With the parts warranty, you will be sure to love this product because it is long lasting. If it does break down, you have the company’s promise to back you up. Because, at the end of the day, Stampede made this to protect your truck bed from dings, dents, and other damage that may come your way.
The construction of its product uses a Tri-Blend material, which has more strength than most liners. Additionally, there is UV protection, so it will not fade in the sun. When looking to purchase this product, you can choose between smooth black and ribbed. With this in mind, you will match your truck flawlessly.
- Made in the United States of America
- Created without or with hole cutouts
- Compatible with any top covers
- Limited Lifetime Warranty
- Designed for GMC models from 1999-2006
8. Westin Wade 72-11168 Black Smooth Finish Truck Cab Guard Cap
Have you had troubles with installing a bed rail before? Are you unsure if you want to venture out in these troubled waters again? Well, have no fear because Westin products are here to save. These pickup truck bed rail caps use installation tape that looks perfectly finished. All the caps have a limited lifetime warranty on parts if they do break for some reason.
A black finish gives this liner a great glossy look. Protective bed rails like these are the reason truck owners are clamoring for a product like this. The bed caps from Westin match any truck bed. People will peer over to your vehicle because it will look like brand new.
This product only weighs 3 pounds meaning you will be able to lift these bed rails all by yourself without assistance. To install, the product uses mounting tape that will adhere to 90% of surfaces. Give it time to adhere to the truck, and wash the area down before you place tape on it. This way, no dirt or grim will interfere with the beauty of your truck.
- Fits any Silverado and GMC Sierra models
- The product will be shipped in less than a week
- Takes only 10 minutes to install
- Easy prep time
- An inexpensive product that looks like your paid a pretty penny
9. ECOTRIC Truck Bed Rail Caps Black Ribbed Finish
The next truck bed rails purpose is to make you happy every time you look at your truck. This will be very doable after you install bed rail caps. You will be in awe of what this product can do to liven up your truck. ECOTRIC’s first object though is to protect your truck for any dents and scratches. No matter if it’s hailing or you drop a load roughly into your truck, you will see a clean surface.
One of the great things about this product is that installation is a breeze. With mounting tape from 3M, you will not need to drill anything. The ribbed design will also connect greatly with your vehicle during this process, too.
There are quite a few models that will work with these rail caps. This includes Chevrolet Silverado 1500 (1999-2006), Chevrolet Silverado 2500 HD (2001-2006), Chevrolet Silverado 3500 (2001-2006), GMC Sierra 1500 (1999-2006), GMC Sierra 2500 (2001-2006), and GMC Sierra 3500 (2001-2006).
By adding more tape and glue, you will only strengthen the adhesiveness. Make sure to wipe down with alcohol before you lay down the bed rail. This way, you will not have any connection problems.
- A textured design
- Made for a better outdoor experience
- Made from ABS black plastic
- Protects against defects from the factory
- The set is a 2-piece
10. TAC Bed Rails Fit 2014-2019 Chevy Silverado
If you have a new Chevy Silverado, then you should check out these bed rails from TAC. The best truck bed rails protect against damage, and TAC falls into this category. Specifically, these bed rails fit 2014-2019 Chevy Silverado 1500, 2015-2019 Chevy Silverado and GMC Sierra 2500 and 3500 models. This means a 6.5-foot bed works great with these bed rails.
The design is another thing to look at. With this product, there are tie-down areas because of anchors built into the bed rail technology. No matter what you have to haul around, you can do it with this bed rail. The finish of this product is also a sight to see. It uses T304 stainless steel, so you will not have to deal with any rust. This heavy-duty material is of the long-lasting variety.
If you are into do-it-yourself kits, this product is for you. The install will only take you a few minutes. There is a no-hassle warranty that will last us to 5-years. If manufacturer defects do arise, TAC will cover it. Just over 16 pounds, this product is one of the heavier options in the review, but you should be able to lift it by yourself. By having one person to assist you, there will be no trouble at all.
- Includes mounting hardware
- 100% brand new materials
- North American supplier
- 2 rails come in a package
- Fantastic customer service
Buying Guide: Things To Consider When Buying A Truck Bed Rail
Now that you know what are the best truck bed rails, it is now time to get into the buying guide portion of the article. There are many features and alterable options that you should consider. Of course, any truck owner wants their vehicle to stay scratch-free, but you do not have to pay an arm and a leg to get what you want.
1. Setting Money Parameters
Money is a place that most people look at. There are budgets that people need to fit into. However, there are still great bed rails for $70-$80. If there are best truck bed rails over $100, they may be well worth what you need. But, do not spend more than $150 on a bed rail. You will be getting ripped off completely. Still, even if you find something in this price range, it does not mean you have found the right choice. You need to make sure that the stake holes align and the stylish design matches your vehicle.
2. Getting the Right Measurements
Not all truck beds are created equal. Depending on your truck, you should know the exact dimensions of the bed. This way, you will not have to cut or reorder bed rails because you will have done it right the very first time.
3. Figuring Out Your Style
Every truck owner has their own style. Some want to beef up their vehicle, while others what to make their truck look smooth and sleek. What a bed rail is made out of will go a long way in connecting with your style. Some are made out of stainless steel, while others are made from aluminum and ABS plastic.
If you are looking for the best protection, you should stick with aluminum or other metal rail caps. Also, anything that is powder-coated will be protected that much more from damage, corrosion, and/or rust.
4. Other Nuts and Bolts
If we are honest with ourselves, people want things to be easy and come naturally to them. Are you looking for easy installation of bed rails? Some brands and products can cater to you in this way, but some may need extra elbow grease or professional installation. For easy mounting, some models use 3M tape that makes mounting a breath of fresh air. But, other models require you to install screws by hand or with a drill.
The choice is ultimately yours, but you should know what you are up against before you make the decision. Nothing is worse than ordering something that only becomes more and more frustrating, as you try to install it.
Some models also have rails that help tie-down equipment. If you are looking for this feature, you may want to consider finding something that works in this way for you and your lifestyle.
Lastly, spend time on your decision. Do not rush into it and hope for the best. Work hard upfront in the buying process, so things will be easy when you install and use your bed rails.
Purpose of Using Truck Bed Rail Caps
Many people want to know what truck bed rail caps are so good. Well, for one, they protect your paint. We all know how it feels to get a scratch or ding on our truck. There are limited things to do to get it out without repainting the entire vehicle.
So, if you like keeping your original paint job, then you should invest in some truck bed rail caps. Secondly, bed rails increase the style of your truck. If you want to own the roadways, then look into this product.
Also, if you want to have more tie down point in your truck bed, bed rails are essential to do this. This is perfect if you have to haul around odd shaped loads at all times, like tables, chairs, loads of boxes, etc.
Most bed rails are customizable, so they can fit your life. With materials made from ABS plastic, aluminum, or stainless steel, your truck will look better in no time.
How to Install Truck Bed Rail Caps
There are a few things you should know when installing truck bed rail caps. First, if you have old bed rail caps already on your truck, then you should remove them before doing anything else. You may have to take out screws or rip off the adhesive tape.
Next, it is essential that you clean the area where you are going to lay down the truck bed rail caps. You can do this by using rubbing alcohol and/or a wet rag. If any dirt or grudge gets between your truck bed and the rail itself, you will not have a quality connection that is stable while on the road.
To this point, it will be time to lay down the automotive tape. 3M is the best in the business to use. If your product does not come with 3M tape, you should go out and buy some. It will be the best bang for your buck. One side of the tap will go over the cap. By peeling off one side of the tape, you can stick it where you want it.
Next, peel off the other side of the tape to connect it to the body of your truck. Allow at least 24 hours to pass before using your truck. This way, you can expect a strong connection, even if you are driving on the freeway or on a bumpy dirt road.
FAQs: Frequently Asked Questions About Truck Bed Rails
Q-1: How much weight can bed rails actually take on?
- Depending on the model of bed rail caps, you should be able to take on anywhere between 300-500 pounds of weight. This is perfect for securing any and all loads. But, make sure to check out the products manual to see what it can take. It all depends on the mounting design, strength, and size of the product itself.
Q-2: Can I have bed rails and a cover over my truck bed?
- This is a really good question. It’s also something that a lot of people want to know. They want to have the flexibility to cover their cargo, but also tie-down if the cargo starts to stack up. Once again, this depends on the make and model of the bed rails. Most do work seamlessly with a cover, but not all do. If the cover can mount flush between the rails, then you are good to go. But, if the cover is a little bulkier and wide, this may not be a possibility.
- If you can make it work though, you will definitely have the best of both worlds. In this case, your truck bed will be untouched, and your rails will be ready to roll. Also, there are some cases where you can mount the bed rails on top of the cover. This way, you can keep things cover in your truck bed, and tie things down on the top of your sturdy cover. This is not an easy install, which includes some hole drilling, but you will have a strong connection. However, many people just want it for its looks, not for its cargo storing benefits.
Q-3: Which is the toughest of all bed cap materials?
- If you are looking for a scratch-proof bed rail, plastic is usually the best in this instant. Even though metal caps, like aluminum or stainless steel, look nice, you will see more scrapes on the life of this product. The exterior look will then look beaten down and bruised, instead of sleek and stylish.
- Another benefit of ABS plastic is it is great against any corrosion and it will not rust. With any metal cap or paint, rust and corrosion can do some serious damage. So, if you are looking for the toughest of all materials, look no further than ABS plastic.
Q-4: Do bed caps cover over the top of stake pockets?
- When buying bed rail caps, they can come without or with cutouts. Depending on what you want, stake pockets can be open, in case you need them in the future. On the other hand, you can cover them completely, so no added moisture will get into places that could cause some issues.
- Some of the options mentioned above even have pre-formed holes. So, you can either leave it the way it is or punch out the holes to have a cutout option. But, make sure you have your mind made up because you can’t cover the cutouts ever again if you punch them out.
Q-5: Will it be difficult if I need to remove bed caps after I have installed them?
- Since most bed caps use heavy-duty foam for mounting, it is a lot easier to uninstall tap than it is with added screws and glue. If you are removing the tape within the last 24 hours of mounting, this will be a lot easier than waiting after that time. With added screws meshed with the tape, your troubles may get even worse.
- A professional may have to do the work for you quite possibly at this point. Make sure you uninstall any bed caps very, very carefully. If you try to uninstall too quickly, you could damage the paint on your truck, which would be the ultimate disaster. Do not make the problem worse by making sure you have placed the tape and bed rail in the exact position you want the first time.
Now that we have come to the end of this buyer’s review guide, you should have the necessary tools to find what works best for you and your lifestyle. Finding amazing bed rail caps is no small task, but you can do this on a limited budget. Make sure you consider durability, style, and material as well, so you make the best overall decision.
When you do pick the right bed rail and installation is all done and gone, it will be time for you to enjoy your purchase. You may notice your new bed rails as you walk away from your parked truck, or you look in your rearview mirror and see the fruits of your labor.
Nothing will be better at the moment than your very own bed rail caps. Good luck on the road this year, be safe, and enjoy your new purchase. Driving your truck on the road is truly one of life’s greatest gifts for you to partake in.