One of the most convenient ways of having access to drinking water that is not only safe for your health but also tastes great is by using a high-quality filter in your refrigerator. In this article, we take a look at how you can choose the best refrigerator water filter for your home.
Water filters work by using special membranes to filter tap water, trapping and removing unwanted sediments and chemicals, to make the water clean and pure for you to drink. Different filters from different brands work in different ways. This means that there’s a lot to consider for choosing the right one for your specific needs.
So read on to find out everything you need to know about choosing the right refrigerator water filter in our review and buying guide. We have even listed 10 of the most popular options on the market right now to help make your choice a lot easier.
10 Best Refrigerator Water Filter: At A Glance
|1. Samsung Refrigerator Water Filter|
|2. GE RPWFE2PK RPWFE 2 Pack Filter|
|3. LG Refrigerator Water Filter|
|4. Kenmore 9690, 2-Pack Filter|
|5. Bosch 9000194412 Ultra Clarity, 1-Pack|
|6. EveryDrop by Whirlpool Water Filter 1|
|7. Frigidaire Water Filter|
|8. Whirlpool EDR3RXD1 Everydrop Filter 3, 1 Pack|
|9. Waterdrop NSF 53&42|
|10. AQUACREST DA29-00020B Water Filter|
Without further ado, let’s get right to it!
- Top 10 Best Refrigerator Water Filter Review:
- 1. Samsung Refrigerator Water Filter
- 2. GE RPWFE2PK RPWFE 2 Pack Filter
- 3. LG Refrigerator Water Filter
- 4. Kenmore 9690, 2-Pack Filter
- 5. Bosch 9000194412 Ultra Clarity, 1-Pack
- 6. EveryDrop by Whirlpool Water Filter 1
- 7. Frigidaire Water Filter
- 8. Whirlpool EDR3RXD1 Everydrop Filter 3, 1 Pack
- 9. Waterdrop NSF 53&42
- 10. AQUACREST DA29-00020B Water Filter
- Best Water Filter Additional Products
- 11. IcePure Refrigerator Water Filter
- 12. Water Specialist Refrigerator Water Filter
- 13. Filter Logic Refrigerator Water Filter
- 14. Max Strength Pro Refrigerator Water Filter
- 15. Mist Refrigerator Water Filter
- 16. EcoBlueLife Refrigerator Water Filter
- 17. AmazonBasics Refrigerator Water Filter
- 18. Maytag Refrigerator Water Filter
- 19. Waterfall Refrigerator Water Filter
- 20. Crystala Refrigerator Water Filter
- Things To Consider When Buying Refrigerator Water Filter
- How Does A Refrigerator Water Filter Work?
- Importance of Refrigerator Water Filter
- How To Install A New Refrigerator Filter?
- Time of Replacing Refrigerator Water Filter
- FAQs: Frequently Asked Questions about Refrigerator Water Filter
- Q-1: What’s the Best Way to Find the Right Filter for My Refrigerator?
- Q-2: What’s the Best Way to Install My Refrigerator Filter?
- Q-3: Why Is It Necessary to Replace My Water Filter?
- Q-4: Is Filtered Refrigerator Water Safe?
- Q-5: Is It Better to Buy OEM or Aftermarket Fridge Water Filter?
- Q-6: Are Water Filter Certifications Important?
Top 10 Best Refrigerator Water Filter Review:
1. Samsung Refrigerator Water Filter
If you’re looking to give your family clean and fresh drinking water, this refrigerator water filter from Samsung is the ideal way to go about it. The filter has the capability to eliminate 99.99% of contaminants that are potentially harmful to your health thanks to its concentrated carbon filter.
This powerful filter produces great tasting water thanks to its simple yet effective design and excellent manufacturing. The water you get is free from chlorine, rust, dirt, as well as various other particles which cause unpleasant odors and tastes.
This product is also the best water filter for refrigerator models that come with icemakers as it also lessens the sediment deposits left behind in the ice machine. This not only results in cleaner ice, but it also prolongs the life of your ice maker.
The way in which the filter works is very simple. The filtration system passes the water from the exterior surface into the middle of the cartridge where there are many filtering layers to get all the impurities out of the water.
Being a world leader in both design and manufacture, as well as the marketing of filtration products, Samsung has the industry knowledge to bring you the best products, always – and that’s why we’ve put this one on first on our list.
- Samsung genuine refrigerator water filter
- Guaranteed to produce healthy, fresh-tasting water
- Removes 99.99% of potentially harmful contaminants
- Includes high-grade carbon block
- Comes with 3-speed electronic controls
2. GE RPWFE2PK RPWFE 2 Pack Filter
For anyone looking for a smart water filter that will tell you when it’s time to change it, this GE refrigerator water filter is a great option for you to consider. When changing filters after a six-month cycle, this filter has a chip that resets the display on the GE refrigerator electronics for another cycle. This is extremely convenient for busy individuals who are likely to forget to change the water filter on time.
The product comes in a two-pack which gives you a year’s worth of clean, healthy, delicious filtered water. If you’re tired of drinking tap water loaded with chemicals that you can actually taste, and if you’ve been buying bottled water and are tired of that expense as well, then this is the ideal solution for your needs.
According to many best refrigerator water filter reviews online, this is one of the most popular products in its category, and it’s well worth the price for the value that you get.
- The filter is tested to remove trace pharmaceuticals
- NSF certified to get rid of lead, mercury, etc.
- Verified for structural performance
- Comes in a two-pack for added value
- Filters out chlorine taste and odor
3. LG Refrigerator Water Filter
If you are looking for the best refrigerator water filter replacement for LG refrigerators, this could be it. This filter will allow you to reduce contaminants like iron, particulates, chlorine, and many others from your drinking water, as well as the ice cubes in your fridge.
For anyone who owns an LG refrigerator, it’s important to get the right water filter that works perfectly with your model. With this filter, you will get clear, pure, healthy water that tastes great and has no odor at all. The filter looks and performs in just the same way as the original one that comes with the fridge.
With six months or 200-gallon capacity, this refrigerator water filter takes out all the chlorine taste and odor. It reduces lead, mercury, and asbestos from your drinking water making it safer for everyone in your home.
When it comes time to replace the filter, the process is quick and easy. Also, since the pack comes with three filters, you don’t have to worry about buying a replacement water filter for your fridge anytime soon.
- 200 gallon/six-month capacity
- Removes the taste and odor of chlorine, lead, and mercury
- Quick and easy filter replacement
- High-performance replacement refrigerator water filter
- High-quality product from a well-known brand
4. Kenmore 9690, 2-Pack Filter
This is a great filter to use if you want to improve the clarity and taste of your drinking water. It uses activated granular carbon filters that are designed to improve every aspect of the water in your refrigerator.
This product also has a cellulose filter that is rated .52 microns which greatly improves the sediment reduction, as well as the filtering of various impurities including cysts and sediment. Because it comes in a two-pack, you have the peace of mind of knowing a replacement is on hand anytime the filter’s lifespan is up.
The filters are quick and easy to replace, and depending on your usage and consumption, you will have quality drinking water for at least six months from each of the filters. The filter is NSF Standard 42 rated for improving both the quality and taste of your drinking water.
- Rated to .52 microns
- NSF Standard 42 certified to improve taste and quality
- Rated to last up to six months
- Provides clean, clear and safe drinking water
- Best water filter refrigerator value on the market
5. Bosch 9000194412 Ultra Clarity, 1-Pack
When Bosch makes the claim of ‘ultra clarity’ in their filtered water, they are not exaggerating. Made in the US, this water filter offers great tasting water that is extremely clean and clear. It removes chlorine, rust, and various other impurities from your water, leaving it safe to drink.
If the water in your area has an odor or bad taste, it may be because it contains various impurities that may be harmful to your body. One of the best ways to avoid falling prey to such health risks is to install a water filter such as this one from Bosch in your refrigerator.
This product uses revolutionary technology to filter water and remove almost all impurities and sediments. When it comes to liquid filtration, this brand knows exactly what they’re doing as they’ve been around for almost 90 years. So if you’re looking for the best replacement refrigerator water filter, this is one you definitely need to check out.
- Over 99% of contaminants are removed
- Filter doesn’t remove beneficial minerals from water
- Uses revolutionary technology for filtering water
- Protects refrigerator from damage caused by sediments
- Produces extremely clean, clear, great-tasting water
6. EveryDrop by Whirlpool Water Filter 1
For anyone searching for the best water filter for Whirlpool refrigerator, this is a good product to consider. It’s not only affordably priced but also removes up to 24 contaminants from your drinking water, including lead, asbestos, industrial chemicals, and many more.
Each refrigerator water filter provides you with up to 200 gallons of fresh, clean filtered water. The filters are designed to be changed every six months or so depending on your usage. This is vital in order to ensure proper removal of contaminants and an adequate flow rate.
This NSF Standard 42 and 53-certified filter is ideal for you if you want an affordable filter replacement for your Whirlpool refrigerator.
- Offers clean, fresh, great-tasting water
- The filter has the capacity to replace 1,500 water bottles
- Reduces up to 28 contaminants from your drinking water
- NSF standard 53 and 42 tested and certified
- Very competitively priced compared to similar products
7. Frigidaire Water Filter
This Frigidaire genuine replacements refrigerator water filter is a simple push-filter that is designed to be used on all French door refrigerator models. It helps to eliminate odors and provides up to 6 months of crystal-clear, clean and healthy water for you and your family to drink.
If you are searching for the best water filter for the price, this one performs wonderfully and produces great tasting water. Just be careful of imitation filters on the market which may display lower prices and claim that they are compatible with Frigidaire fridges, as these will definitely not perform in the same way as these brand name original filters.
Certified by NSF 42 and 53 international standards, you can be sure all health-related contaminants like lead, asbestos, and volatile organic chemicals will be removed from your water, rendering it safe for consumption.
- NSF standard 42 and 53 certified
- Filter offers 200 gallons of clean drinking water
- Rigorously tested with a flow rate of 0.5 GPM
- Produces crystal-clear odor-free water
- Competitively priced to offer the ultimate value
8. Whirlpool EDR3RXD1 Everydrop Filter 3, 1 Pack
If you want water that tastes like, well water, then this is the filter for you. You will get clean, healthy, great-tasting water that your entire family can enjoy. This is particularly useful for people who live in areas where there is hard water or water that is polluted with various chemicals and substances.
This is the best aftermarket refrigerator water filter that you will get for the price. All you have to do in order to ensure that it fits your refrigerator model is to enter the model number on the product page before making your purchase.
Certified to remove 99% of metals, chemicals, and other substances from your drinking water, this is undoubtedly one of the best options for anyone who wants clean, fresh-tasting drinking water for their home.
- High-quality filter approved by Whirlpool
- Certified to remove 99% of lead
- Removes waterborne parasites and pharmaceuticals
- One filter can replace up to 1,500 water bottles
- Produces clear, great-tasting water
9. Waterdrop NSF 53&42
As you well know, water quality differs greatly from one area to another and different people attempting to address their specific health issues could require filtration solutions that are varied. If that is the case for you, then a simple ordinary filter will not satisfy your needs.
What you need is a filter such as this one from Waterdrop which is designed to suit a wide variety of water filtration needs. This company researches and develops innovative technologies to help produce filters that have a different effect. With this product, you will be able to get cleaner, healthier water in the most convenient and effective way.
- NSF 42 and 53 tested and certified
- Fits a wide range of refrigerator models
- The filter is designed to give up to 300 gallons of clean water
- Made using innovative water filtration technology
- Constructed using lead-free materials
10. AQUACREST DA29-00020B Water Filter
This NSF 42 and 53 certified water filter is designed to reduce health-related pollutants in the water, such as lead, cysts, Endrin, carbofuran, and benzene. The filter also removes chlorine taste and odor from your water.
If you want great-tasting, healthy water that you and your entire family can enjoy drinking, then this is a good filter to install in your refrigerator. According to a lot of online reviews from users, this is the best water filter for Samsung refrigerator.
Although many people may be hesitant to purchase anything other than the original brand, this is actually a great alternative for anyone who is looking for a high-quality refrigerator water filter at a great price.
- NSF 42 and 53 tested and certified
- Reduces up to 99.6% of lead
- Gives a precise, leak-proof fit
- Provides up to 300 gallons of clean water
- Simple on and off design offers easy replacement
Best Water Filter Additional Products
11. IcePure Refrigerator Water Filter
- NSF Tested and certified with a flow rate of 0.5 GPM
- The filter has a capacity for 300 gallons or six months of use
- Removes the taste and odor of chlorine for better water taste
- High-quality product from an independent and reliable brand
- Compatible with a wide variety of fridge models
- Comes with a 100% money-back guarantee
12. Water Specialist Refrigerator Water Filter
- NSF 42 and 53 certified to deliver clean, healthy water
- Unique performance allows the filter to retain beneficial minerals
- Filter comes with a 30-day return and 90-day replace policy
- Six-month filter life provides three hundred gallons of drinking water
- Replacement models designed to fit a wide range of refrigerators
- Competitively priced pack of three filters
13. Filter Logic Refrigerator Water Filter
- NSF 42 and 53 certified to effectively remove harmful pollutants
- Significantly improves the quality and taste of drinking water
- Provides up to six months/300 gallons of clean drinking water
- Replacement filter designed to fit many different refrigerator models
- 100% satisfaction guarantee for a top-quality product
14. Max Strength Pro Refrigerator Water Filter
- Premium quality BPA-free water filters from a reliable brand
- Filter produces smooth, clean, great-tasting water
- Compatible with most refrigerator models on the market
- 100% hassle-free money-back guarantee
- Premium value bundle consists of six replacement filters
15. Mist Refrigerator Water Filter
- High-quality, competitively priced activated carbon filter
- Designed to fit a wide range of refrigerators including Whirlpool, Kenmore, Maytag
- Significantly reduces chlorine taste and odor in drinking water
- Backed by a 100% satisfaction guarantee or your money back
- Provides up to six months/300 gallons of healthy drinking water
16. EcoBlueLife Refrigerator Water Filter
- Compatible with a wide range of refrigerator models available these days
- Extremely easy to install even for first-time users
- Provides great performance which rivals all Whirlpool filters
- Filter lasts between nine months and a year depending on usage
- Produces high quality, safe, healthy, and great tasting drinking water
17. AmazonBasics Refrigerator Water Filter
- Filter offers precise and leak-proof fit for various refrigerator models
- Extremely easy installation and replacement of filters
- Reduces chlorine significantly and improves the smell and taste of water
- NSF standard 42 and 53 tested and certified to provide healthy water
- Reduces pharmaceuticals such as ibuprofen, naproxen, and estrone
18. Maytag Refrigerator Water Filter
- Tested and certified by NSF standards to remove all major contaminants
- Compatible with a wide variety of refrigerator models on the market right now
- Offers the same quality as brand name filters at a much lower price
- High-quality filters from a reliable brand located and operating in the US
- Removes chlorine, mercury, cadmium, chromium, copper, and more
19. Waterfall Refrigerator Water Filter
- Comes with very clear instructions and is extremely easy to install
- Costs significantly less than the GE brand product while maintaining quality
- Removes harmful contaminants without removing beneficial minerals
- Fully tested and certified NSF Standard 42 and 53 for healthy water
- Great design, material, structure, performance from a reliable manufacturer
20. Crystala Refrigerator Water Filter
- NSF standard 42 and 53 tested and certified water filter
- Competitively priced and offers great value
- The replacement filter is compatible with a wide variety of refrigerators
- Premium carbon block filter designed to improve water quality
- Comes with product life guarantee for your peace of mind
Things To Consider When Buying Refrigerator Water Filter
If you are having trouble making a decision between the many different models available, read on to find out what you need to consider before making a choice. Each of these factors will help you determine which is the best refrigerator water filter for your needs.
1. Removal of Contaminants
Different filters are designed to remove different types of contaminants from your drinking water. It’s important for you to know what type of pollutants are in the water flowing through your taps so that you determine the exact kind of filter that you need to install in your refrigerator.
Once you know what type of water you have in your area, it’s a lot easier to make your choice. Also, pay special attention to what size of particles the filter can remove. If you want really good results, make sure your filter is one micron (at the very least) or lower.
This is closely related to the factor of contaminant removal. Instead of buying a random fridge water filter, make sure that you only choose one with certifications from the proper, accredited organizations. For instance, you can look for NSF Standard 42 and Standard 53 certifications in your refrigerator water filter.
These certifications mean that the filters are capable of eliminating chlorine, sediments, and other common impurities to make your water taste and smell good while ensuring its safety for your health.
3. Cost of Filters
How much you ultimately pay for your filters depends on your refrigerator model. However, with so many different replacement solutions these days, you don’t always have to buy brand-name filters. You may even be able to find some replacements that are better than brand name alternatives. This means that the cost will not define the quality in this regard.
One thing you need to keep in mind is that since you will be replacing your filters about once or twice a year, you need to ensure that you choose a brand that is high-quality and affordable too.
4. Quality of Filters
As previously mentioned, when it comes to refrigerator water filters, the price doesn’t necessarily dictate the quality of the product. This means that you need to pay attention to other factors to help you determine how effective that filter is.
You must take into consideration the metrics regarding how much contaminants that filter is capable of removing as well as how long it will last, or the amount of water it filters in its lifetime. With this information, you will be able to determine which filter is best for your needs depending on the size of your household and the frequency with which you are willing to change filters.
5. Ease of Use
The last thing you want is to choose a product that is hard for you to replace yourself. When choosing a water filter for your refrigerator, always ensure that is one that is easy to install and replace when the time comes to change the filters. If you choose a product that doesn’t easily fit in your fridge, you may need to enlist the help of a professional to replace the filter – and this significantly adds to the expense over time.
A user-friendly water filter is a must, and the good news is that all the products listed in our review list of the 10 best refrigerator water filter options are not only high in quality and affordably priced but they also extremely easy to install, too.
The specified warranty from the product’s manufacturer is one of the best ways you can tell the level of quality of a product. When it comes to the best water filters, the longer the warranty (for the most part) the better the product. These types of products last anywhere from six months to a year and even two years – depending on the particular brand you choose to buy.
How Does A Refrigerator Water Filter Work?
Refrigerator water filters work in a very simple way. If you are already familiar with the water cycle concept, then you’ll know that the water that comes out of your tap has been a lot of places. From wildly rushing rivers to other, less pleasant places! The water comes into contact with many different contaminants from the earth and the atmosphere on its way to your glass.
Using fridge water filters is one of the best ways you can be sure that you don’t drink any of the filthiness that remains in water even after the purification process. Also, even if the water coming into your tap is clean, you’re not sure about the pipes running into your home to bring the water to your kitchen. The only way you can be sure that you’re not drinking any unwanted things from water is to use a water filter.
Refrigerator water filters work in two ways:
The first technique is physical filtration which involves actually straining the water in order to remove any pollutants inside its. The water is filtered through really fine membranes that trap all kinds of dirt and substances in the water, leaving it pure, clean and safe to drink.
The second technique is chemical filtration, a method which uses active materials to remove dirt and impurities from your water chemically.
No matter which type of water filter you choose, it will work effectively to remove impurities in the water. Just make sure that the one you choose is specifically designed to remove the type of impurities in your local water. For instance, if your water contains lead, then make sure that the filter you choose has the capability to remove lead from drinking water.
Some water filters not only remove impurities, but they also strip the water of important minerals. If this is something that important to you, make sure you choose a water filter that either doesn’t strip the minerals from the water or replaces any lost minerals after filtering the water.
Importance of Refrigerator Water Filter
There are many advantages that come with installing a refrigerator water filter. For one, your drinking water will be tastier, cleaner, and healthier. This means reduced health risks for you and your family. This type of filtered water is also extremely good for your children’s development.
By installing a refrigerator water filter, you no longer have to spend money on bottled water. This option is not only eco-friendly but it also saves you a lot of money over the long-term. And unlike other types of water filters, with a refrigerator water filter, you never have to wait to get a glass of water to drink.
Yet another great benefit of a refrigerator water filter is that the entire filtration system comes pre-installed inside your fridge. Changing the water filters is a very easy and quick process that anyone can do even with no prior experience.
You can choose from among a wide variety of refrigerator water filters which includes drop-down filters, grille filters, slide-out filters, in-line filters, canister filters, and bypass filters. The type of filter you choose is dependent on various factors such as ease of installation, contaminant removal, and so on. However, no matter which type of filter you decide to buy, you will be able to reap all the benefits listed above and more.
How To Install A New Refrigerator Filter?
Installing a water filter for your refrigerator is a simple process. However, mounting the filter may vary from one model to another. The vast majority of generic water filters have the snap on/snap off feature. These are the easiest to install as you simply screw in the refrigerator water filter in a similar way to screwing in a light bulb.
For in-line fridge filters, you may have additional steps to take when installing the unit. The process involves connecting the filter cartridge to water lines where the water goes in and out of the filter in the fridge. The filter itself rests on the back of the fridge, and if you’ve ever seen or installed an under sink water filter system, you’ll have a much easier time installing your refrigerator inline water filter.
Best Inline Refrigerator Water Filter: Installation Steps
Step 1: Get into Position
Pull your fridge out, go behind it, and have your tools and supplies within reach. You can leave the fridge on but shut the water supply off.
Step 2: Cut the Lines Off
Use pliers to cut the water lines off. Water lines that are installed specifically for fridges have soft connections that are easy to cut.
Step 3: Install New Water Lines
Now it’s time to install the new water lines which come included in the kit when installing an inline refrigerator water filter.
Step 4: Put in the Unit
Now you can place a unit anywhere on the back of your fridge. It’s a good idea to use zip ties and stickies to attach the unit securely.
Step 5: Flush Your Filter
After the water supply line is attached to the valve, and the other end is connected to the cartridge, it’s time to turn the water supply back on then flush the filter to eliminate air from the lines.
Step 6: The Final Step
You can now connect the line which goes into the fridge. With the filter connected at both ends, you can now restrict it on the back of your fridge and you’ll be good to go.
Time of Replacing Refrigerator Water Filter
If you’re wondering when the best time is to replace your refrigerator water filter, the answer is simple. Each type of filter depending on the brand will have the information as to when the filter will need changing.
However, most refrigerator manufacturers recommend that you replace the filter at least once every six months. This is the average but the period can vary widely depending on factors like usage, flow rate expectancy, and so on. And for anyone who is concerned about forgetting when to replace the filter, you can opt for a refrigerator filter that reminds you when the time comes to change it.
If you’re someone who is extremely busy, you may want to choose a refrigerator filter that has a longer lifespan so you don’t have to change it continually. However, it’s also important to note that you may have to change your filter even before the time stated by the manufacturer is up – depending on your usage.
The bottom line is that if you start to notice any difference either in the water’s taste, the way it looks, or in your fridge’s water pressure, then it may mean that your water filter is no longer working efficiently – and that means it’s time to change it.
FAQs: Frequently Asked Questions about Refrigerator Water Filter
Q-1: What’s the Best Way to Find the Right Filter for My Refrigerator?
- Choosing the best refrigerator water filter for your needs can be a surprisingly easy process as long as you know what to look for. You can do it in a variety of different ways. A quick and easy way to choose the right filter for your home is to simply contact the customer service support of a specific manufacturer in just ask.
- Another easy way is to check the specifications of your fridge and determine the water supply line thickness. Fortunately, the vast majority of water filters you’ll find these days have a universal design which means that if the filter matches the waterline, it’s going to match your fridge.
Q-2: What’s the Best Way to Install My Refrigerator Filter?
- Most of the refrigerator filters on the market today come with all the necessary accessories that you need in order to complete the installation. You’ll also find it easy to follow instructions from the manufacturer to guide you step-by-step. For many of the filters, you don’t need any special training or tools to complete the process.
- Just make sure that you read the manufacturer’s installation instructions carefully to ensure that you install the unit properly. Check out the general installation steps outlined above. Depending on the type of model you buy, the steps may change.
Q-3: Why Is It Necessary to Replace My Water Filter?
- Whether you’re using mechanical filters or activated carbon water filters, you will need to replace the filter after a while. Different filters have different lifespans, but you may notice a difference in the pressure, color, taste, and odor of the water long before the time specified by the manufacturer, particularly if your filter is undergoing heavy use.
- If that’s the case then you need to replace your water filter as it means that contaminants such as bacteria, rust, etc. may be blocking the holes making it hard for the water to pass through hence reducing the pressure.
- Also, you’ll start to notice the difference in the color, odor, and taste of your water since the membrane won’t be trapping as many contaminants. This is why it’s necessary to always keep an eye on your water filter and replace it as necessary.
Q-4: Is Filtered Refrigerator Water Safe?
- The majority of refrigerator water filters work to remove chemicals and other unwanted substances from your tap water, making it cleaner and better tasting. As you use the filter over time, some of the contaminants clog the membranes, which makes water move through the filter a lot less efficiently.
- With fewer contaminants getting removed, the water from your refrigerator won’t be as safe as when the filter is working effectively. One way to avoid this problem is to never overuse your refrigerator filter. As long as you replace it often enough, it will retain its ability to remove all harmful substances from your water making it safe and healthy for you to drink.
Q-5: Is It Better to Buy OEM or Aftermarket Fridge Water Filter?
- OEM or Original Equipment Manufacturer filters are those made and distributed by the company which manufactured the original refrigerator. Aftermarket refrigerator water filters, also known as off-brand refrigerator water filters are made by another company and designed to fit certain models.
- Buying OEM filters as opposed to off-brand can be a bit pricey and that’s why a lot of people opting for non-branded alternatives which can be up to four times cheaper than original products.
- The downside of buying aftermarket water filters is that you may not get the desired level of quality in your drinking water as you would with the brand original. So while it’s great to save money, you also need to consider the quality of the water you will get from the type of filter you choose.
Q-6: Are Water Filter Certifications Important?
- Depending on the brand you choose, your water filter may have certifications from various independent, accredited organizations. Buying a refrigerator water filter that is certified by NSF Standard 42 is a good idea as it confirms that the filter has the capability to eliminate sediment, chlorine, and various other impurities from your drinking water.
- NSF Standard 53, on the other hand, shows you that the filter you intend to purchase is proven to remove contaminants that have health effects, including heavy metals, cysts, volatile organic compounds, and disinfection byproducts, among many others
You may know, inherently, that drinking clean, pure water is extremely important for your health as well as that of your family. However, when it comes to ensuring that the water you drink is free from impurities, this is easier said than done.
Luckily for you, there’s a simple way of ensuring that your home always has clean, healthy, great-tasting water for everyone to drink. Use this article to help you choose the best refrigerator water filter to cater to your family’s needs. Just make sure to go through our buying guide to ensure that the choice you make is one that will serve you for a long time to come.