Last Updated on
If you just bought a motorcycle and are in need of high-quality motorcycle gloves, you’re in luck because we have rated and reviewed all the best motorcycle gloves on the market right now to make it easy for you to choose the right ones for your needs.
Most motorcycle owners protect their head and torso, but they forget about their hands. You need a good pair of riding gloves if you want to enhance your safety while on your motorcycle. Well-made gloves will not only keep you warm in winter but they serve to keep your skin on as asphalt can be really harsh on the palms.
10 Best Motorcycle Gloves: At A Glance
|1. ScorpionExo SGS MKII Short Cuff Gloves, Men|
|2. Full-finger Motorcycle Gloves for Men/Women|
|3. Tourmaster Deerskin Men’s Leather Gloves|
|4. Joe Rocket Classic Motorcycle Riding Gloves, Men|
|5. Hugger Glove AirPro Sport Motorcycle Gloves|
|6. Premium Men's Motorcycle Leather Gloves|
|7. Milwaukee Premium Leather Cruiser Gloves|
|8. BMW Motorcycle Motorrad-Rallye Gloves|
|9. SHIMA Caliber Men’s Leather Motorcycle Gloves|
|10. Gerbing's T5 Hybrid Gloves|
Of course, it’s essential to strike a good balance, because you still need the gloves to give you enough sensitivity to operate the motorcycle. Luckily all the options on our list of the 10 best riding gloves on the market are supple enough to allow the smooth operation of the motorcycle while being tough and durable enough to protect you in case of a fall.
- Top 10 Best Motorcycle Gloves Reviews:
- 1. ScorpionExo SGS MKII Short Cuff Gloves, Men
- 2. Full-finger Motorcycle Gloves for Men/Women
- 3. Tourmaster Deerskin Men’s Leather Gloves
- 4. Joe Rocket Classic Motorcycle Riding Gloves, Men
- 5. Hugger Glove Company AirPro Sport Motorcycle Gloves
- 6. Premium Men’s Motorcycle Leather Gloves
- 7. Milwaukee Premium Leather Cruiser Gloves
- 8. BMW Motorcycle Motorrad-Rallye Gloves
- 9. SHIMA Caliber Men’s Leather Motorcycle Gloves
- 10. Gerbing’s T5 Hybrid Gloves
- 11. ILM Air Flow Leather Motorcycle Gloves For Men and Women
- 12. Premium Leather Motorcycle Gloves
- 13. Alpinestars Celer Men’s Stree Motorcycle Gloves
- 14. Seibertron Dirtpaw Unisex BMX, MX, ATV, MTB Racing Gloves
- 15. SCOYCO Men’s Race Extreme Sports Protective Outdoor Motorcycle Gloves
- 16. Men’s Brown Leather Motorcycle Gloves With Touchscreen Finger
- 17. New Motorcycle Biker Premium Leather Thinsulate Full Gloves
- 18. OMGAI Upgraded Men’s Full Finger Motorcycle Gloves
- Buying Guide: Things To Consider When Buying A Motorcycle Glove
- Types of Motorcycle Gloves
- Which One is the Best: Leather or Textile?
- Benefits of Wearing Motorcycle Gloves
- FAQs: Frequently Asked Questions About Motorcycle Gloves
Top 10 Best Motorcycle Gloves Reviews:
1. ScorpionExo SGS MKII Short Cuff Gloves, Men
These men’s gloves from ScorpionExo come in a variety of colors and have short cuffs to provide great dexterity. Made from the high-quality goat leather, these popular next-generation SGS sport gloves are first on our list because of their amazing features.
The shorter cuffs make them ideal for use during the hot summer months by allowing cool air to move up the sleeve. This aspect of the glove design is something you’ll truly appreciate if you live in hotter climates and sometimes ride your motorcycle for lengthy periods of time.
You can easily use your iPhone with these gloves thanks to their Knox SPS palm sliders. They also come with carbon fiber reinforced knuckle protection to ensure that your hands are fully protected from scrapes and bruises in the event of a fall or accident.
These gloves also have striking aesthetics, something which will appeal to those who want to look good while getting the ultimate protection and great performance. If you’re searching for the best leather motorcycle gloves, these could very well be what you’re looking for.
- Next-generation best-selling SGS gloves
- Offers high-end protection and amazing dexterity
- Made from top-quality goatskin leather
- Carbon-fiber TPU knuckle protector
- Comes with Knox SPS palm slider
2. Full-finger Motorcycle Gloves for Men/Women
These gloves come with an anti-skid design which helps you hold on to and control your motorcycle better. There’s a buckle button that can lock the gloves on either side to avoid losing them while they’re not in use. This is a handy feature that you may appreciate – particularly if you’re prone to leaving your motorcycle gloves everywhere.
Made from genuine goat leather, these perforated gloves are not only soft and flexible but lightweight and durable, too. With the proper care and maintenance, they will last you a long time. They also have foam padding on the fingers and hard plastic knuckles to ensure the safety of your hands in the event of a fall.
The index finger of each glove has touch screen capabilities which makes them super convenient for use as you don’t have to remove your gloves to use your mobile or any other device. Great for a variety of seasons – summer, autumn, early winter, and spring, these gloves are a great option to consider if you want the best motorcycle riding gloves.
- Anti-skid properties for enhanced control
- Buckle button locks the two gloves together to avoid misplacing either
- Flexible and durable construction from goatskin
- Ideal for a variety of seasons
- Comes with touch screen capabilities
3. Tourmaster Deerskin Men’s Leather Gloves
These Tourmaster gloves for men are made using A-grade deerskin leather. They have Velcro-backed wrist straps with elastic wrist bands to provide a more secure fit. The perforated fingers provide ventilation to ensure that your fingers stay cool during operation while the ergonomic design of the palms helps to ease fatigue if you’re riding your motorcycle for longer periods of time.
The gloves also come with a padded palm for added protection if you should fall on the hard asphalt. But they are not just about protection, but they’re also about comfort and function. The buttery soft leather and out-seam-stitched upper and palm help to maximize the comfort of these gloves in your hands as well as to offer enhanced function.
These are undoubtedly among the best summer motorcycle gloves that you’ll find on the market today. They provide amazing value at a very affordable price.
- Made using high-quality super soft deerskin leather
- Wrist straps with Velcro backing provide a secure fit
- Ergonomically constructed to ease fatigue while riding
- Perforated fingers for cooling ventilation in hot months
- Out-seam stitching on palms for better comfort and function
4. Joe Rocket Classic Motorcycle Riding Gloves, Men
The pre-curved ride-friendly design of this offering from Joe Rocket brand has an impressive vibration-dissipating gel palm to ensure comfort and ease fatigue on long rides over rough terrain. The outers of these gloves are made from drum-dyed cowhide and they have a charcoal reflective logo printed on them.
Hinged fingers give you added dexterity on the roads and the flex-wrist makes it easy to pull the gloves on and off quickly. For those with huskier or wider palms, these gloves are also available in thick fit. These full leather gloves have a lining that is thick enough to protect you if you fall while being thin enough to not hamper your dexterity while riding.
Based on the number of positive online reviews about these gloves, it’s safe to assume that if you’re in the market for light, ventilated gloves for use in warmer weather, these top quality gloves may very well be what you’re searching for. They are
- Hinged fingers for enhanced dexterity
- Supple outer made from drum dyed cowhide
- Gloves come with a charcoal reflective logo
- Easy on/off thanks to the flex-wrist design
- Available in Thick-fit for wider palms
5. Hugger Glove Company AirPro Sport Motorcycle Gloves
These premium water-resistant gloves are made from exceptionally soft Technaline leather. They have total pin-hole saturation which provides maximum airflow. The gloves also have a seamless leather palm which means you get an enhanced grip that isn’t hindered in any way.
In addition to offering maximum performance, these gloves are lightweight and they come with touch screen capabilities. They are perfect for those summer rides and police pat-downs, too. They don’t shrink and they even come with a 12-month warranty for your peace of mind.
The perforated goatskin leather design of the gloves makes them the ideal accessory during the hot summer months. The leather is also the ideal size to allow maximum control over your grip. This pair of gloves is a great option to consider if you’re looking for the best waterproof motorcycle gloves for men.
- Made from durable water-resistant leather
- Exceptionally soft and lightweight
- Perforated design for comfortable summer wear
- Touch screen features
- Elasticized wrist for a perfect fit
6. Premium Men’s Motorcycle Leather Gloves
These gloves are made from top-quality perforated goat leather. The back of each palm has a comfortable liner and the palm is reinforced for added protection in case you fall. The gloves also provide vibration protection thanks to the gel pad on the wrist. This is a great feature for those who spend a lot of time on the road as it helps to protect your wrists from fatigue.
The hook and loop straps on the gloves are adjustable, allowing you to achieve a perfect fit for better control. The design also includes leather stretch panels to enhance your dexterity while wearing these gloves. The Analine goat leather is extremely durable while being flexible. It’s also very soft to the touch, which makes the gloves super comfortable to wear – even for long periods.
If you want well-made gloves that will stand the test of time, these may be the best motorcycle gloves you can choose. In addition to being made from top quality Aniline leather, they also come with a vast array of features that you will absolutely love.
- Leather stretch panels offer more flexibility
- Double stitching in critical areas for added durability
- Comfortable liner and reinforced palm
- Gel pads on wrists to protect from vibrations
- Adjustable straps for a perfect fit
7. Milwaukee Premium Leather Cruiser Gloves
These premium leather men’s cruiser gloves have padded gel palms and soft knuckles. Comfort was really emphasized in the design and creation of these motorcycle gloves. They also have perforated fingers which allow cool air to circulate during hot months, keeping your hands from becoming sweaty during long rides.
These are high-quality full-fingered motorcycle gloves offered at an extremely affordable price. In addition to providing comfort and protection, they also offer wearers classic style that is rarely seen in products in this price range. According to online reviews from satisfied users, they are also very durable and hold up well over time.
This means you won’t have to worry about a lot of the things that typically happen with lower quality gloves such as the ripped threads, holes, or any significant wear. These are top quality gloves that you’ll come to appreciate over time.
- Padded gel palm for vibration absorption on rough terrains
- Soft knuckles for added comfort
- Perforated gloves increase the flow of cool air
- Made from durable and soft goat leather
- High-quality construction at a very affordable price
8. BMW Motorcycle Motorrad-Rallye Gloves
These genuine Motorcycle Motorrad Rally gloves from BMW come in black, red, or gray. They are also available in a wide variety of colors, which means you won’t have to struggle to find the right fit or color to suit your needs. The gloves are unlined and perfect for those hot summer months.
They are designed specifically for off-road motorcycling, and the back of each palm features a well-constructed combination of stretchy materials including durable kangaroo leather. The gloves also come with foam padding for added protection against dangerous falls at high speeds.
If you want a pair of the best summer motorcycle gloves, this is one you need to consider. They provide amazing ventilation even between the fingers to ensure that your hands stay sweat-free during your rides. They also have short neoprene cuffs that have Velcro fastening for a snug fit.
- High-quality motorcycle gloves from a well-known brand
- Designed especially for off-road motorcycling
- Ideal for summer wear in hot climates
- Available in many colors and sizes
- Made from durable kangaroo leather
9. SHIMA Caliber Men’s Leather Motorcycle Gloves
These vintage leather gloves are made from A++ leather which guarantees the highest safety level for tearing and abrasion in case of a fall. Additionally, the main protector of the gloves is also reinforced using Tempra foam which gives your hands even more protection on the roads.
Yet another amazing feature of these men’s motorcycle gloves from SHIMA is that the scaphoid bone is kept safe by impact-absorber constructed using PORON XRD foam. This innovative technology allows the glove to absorb over 70% of the impact force.
A large area of the glove sports perforated leather for easy and convenient ventilation. During those hot summer days, you’ll be able to feel a nice cool breeze circulating between your fingers and keeping your palms free from sweat.
Shaped to conform perfectly to the line of your handgrip, the design of this glove keeps the fingers taut while the back of the hand is loose. This gives you an enhanced grip and control over your motorcycle controls. Although you may need to purchase a separate pair if you want the best cold weather motorcycle gloves, these are a great pair to use if you live in hotter climates.
- Ultimate protection thanks to innovative technology
- Designed for comfort and ease of use
- Unique vintage styling
- High-quality leather construction
- Pulling strap for easy on/off
10. Gerbing’s T5 Hybrid Gloves
The T5 hybrid gloves from Gerbing are perfect for anyone living in colder climates. Each of the gloves has a simple but extremely convenient drawstring that helps to give the gloves a nice tight fit. The gloves come in a variety of different sizes, making it easy to get your perfect fit. The lining of the gloves is bright red flannel, and it’s designed to keep you warm even during the coldest of weather.
If you’re searching for a pair of the best winter motorcycle gloves, this could be the ideal choice for your needs. If you’ve never owned heated gloves before, you’ll find that these are easy to use and maintain. Gerbing uses the latest technology in creating their products, and you can expect only the best quality from everything they design and manufacture.
No matter what the temperatures dip to, you’ll be able to keep your hands toasty and warm throughout the harsh weather. If you have to be on the road during the really cold months, consider getting a pair of Gerbing’s T5 hybrid gloves. They are among the best heated motorcycle gloves that you will be able to get for the money.
- Keeps hands very warm during extremely cold weather
- The internal lining is comfortable and stays in place
- Easy grip and enhanced performance on the road
- Long chord provided for running from the battery to the gloves
- Extremely durable and works well even in sub-zero temperatures
11. ILM Air Flow Leather Motorcycle Gloves For Men and Women
The first pair of gloves on our list are from ILM. These gloves, ranging from medium to XXL, provide great breathability. Additionally, there are 4 color types (black, white, black-long, and white-long) for you to consider as well. With its leather design, these gloves allow for optimal airflow like you never thought was possible.
There is truly 360-degree protection with these hand protectors. Your hands, fingers, and palms will all be covered in case of an emergency bail-out of your bike. Shock absorption from these gloves will go a long way in helping you, too. Multiple reinforcements are your friend when it comes to these gloves.
You will also like the comfort of these gloves. With its pre-shaping design, the gloves will contour to the hands that fit inside of them, allowing you a great feeling as you ride around. Not only can you use these when on a motorcycle, but they are multi-purpose enough to use when hunting, cycling, working outdoors, and so much more.
- The product only weighs 10.4 ounces
- Comes with a sizing chart for a seamless fit
- Made with real leather
- Come with a touchscreen-enabled thumb and pointer finger
- This option is water-resistant
12. Premium Leather Motorcycle Gloves
The first thing you will notice about these gloves is how cool they look. Good thing they are as comfortable as they look, too. With great riding protection, these gloves truly are a triple threat. Add to the fact you can use them with a touchscreen, and you may fork over the money right now. But, let us get to a few more details, shall we?
With four sizing options (small, medium, XL, and XXL), these brown gloves are as high-quality as they come. They will protect your hands and fingers when riding on a bike no matter the season of the year. These gloves are also very flexible, allowing your fingers to bend naturally the way you need them to on the road.
The knuckles on these gloves are quite sensational on their own. They harden naturally because of the rubber that is reinforced to give you protection in case of a fall. With a risk-free purchase, there really is nothing to lose at all when looking to try these gloves on for size.
- Great photo sizing chart
- Trusted customer service representatives
- Only weigh 8 ounces
- Comes with a storage box
- Uses Velcro cuffs
13. Alpinestars Celer Men’s Stree Motorcycle Gloves
Alpinestars gloves are another option you should keep on your radar. With 5 sizing options, from small to XXXL, there is a choice for everyone on Planet Earth. These gloves are made from leather that is full-grained. This allows for a durable construction that will last season after season.
The palm construction is impressive as well. Made of leather, the padding on the palm will help reinforce a landing, in case you fall off your bike. There is also great knuckle protection that fights against abrasions or unwanted impacts.
With these gloves only weighing 4.8 ounces, you will barely know they are on your hands in the first place. Who knows? You might not even notice them at all. With a wrist closure system that uses a loop and hook, your gloves will stay on as long as you want them to.
- There is an extended cuff profile
- Patented bridge prevents finger rolling
- Gloves naturally cool themselves
- Will never need restitching
- Uses patented Velcro to keep your gloves on
14. Seibertron Dirtpaw Unisex BMX, MX, ATV, MTB Racing Gloves
These next gloves will wow you, no matter what you use them for. If you like off-roading or on-roading, these sports gloves are for you. They also are touch recognizable, so you can leave your gloves on when you are working with a touchscreen.
From youth to adult sizings, there is plenty that these gloves offer to a novice and a professional. With a great sizing chart, this brand uses the palm circumference to help get the perfect fit. For added protection, these gloves inject rubber logos and knuckle protection to help with any impact.
Comfort is another thing you will get from these gloves. As a lightly padded option, all your fingers will be protected and fully-functional with the help of the loop and hook closure around your wrist. No matter where you roam, you will be able to suit up and stay safe wherever you roam.
- Comes with a 30-day price refund
- Your purchase has a 1-year replacement warranty on defects
- Gloves can be washed on machine cold
- Great breathability with temperatures reaching 90 degrees Fahrenheit
- The gloves can handle in the wind
15. SCOYCO Men’s Race Extreme Sports Protective Outdoor Motorcycle Gloves
If you are looking for some quality gloves, check out this brand from SCOYCO. Ranging from medium to XXL, there are a pair of gloves for anyone to enjoy. Made of polyester, this imported option can protect you from any injury.
Designed with chrome-plated armor, these gloves will protect your knuckles and fingers with professional-grade options in mind. When riding with your gloves, they are refective to keep you safe as you drive aorund, especially at night.
Breathability is also a great thing that these gloves offer. With ventilation mesh, your hands will stay dry, even in the hottest weather. Lastly, these gloves can be worn while using your phone as well. With your forefinger, you will be able to use your touchscreen effectively and efficiently.
- Adjustable Velcro allows for a great fit
- The gloves only weigh 3.2 ounces
- Comes with a great user’s manual
- A variety of color options to choose from
- Inexpensive price for these gloves
- Fit is true to size
- Stylish design for any motorcycle lover
16. Men’s Brown Leather Motorcycle Gloves With Touchscreen Finger
With just a few more gloves to go on our list, you got to make sure to check out these gloves from Superbike. Knuckle protection comes standard with this beauty. These amazing racing gloves are perforated to perfection, no matter if buy a small or an XXL.
An anti-skid design is one of the first things you will notice about these gloves. Your palm will stay gripped to whatever it needs to, whether it is your motorcycle or something else. Additionally, the leather is genuine, so it is durable and flexible to work for years on your hands. It is quality gloves like these that will change the way you view motorcycle apparel.
Around the knuckles, there is hard plastic on these gloves. Also, there is a buckle button to lock the gloves together when they are not in use. Nothing is worse than buying gloves and losing one in the process. Lastly, these gloves are touchscreen capable of whatever device you need to use.
- The gloves only weigh 4.8 ounces
- Great gloves to wear in the spring, summer, fall, and winter
- Amazing protection in case of an accident
- Sensational value for the money you pay
17. New Motorcycle Biker Premium Leather Thinsulate Full Gloves
It may seem a little overwhelming to sort through a variety of motorcycle gloves, but there really are only a few that stand out among the rest. These gloves, from Jackets 4 Bikes, should be on your shortlist. With a variety of sizes (small, medium, large, XL, and XXL), these genuine leather alternatives could be perfect for what you need.
These definitely are not fake leather options. The gloves are the real deal. There is also padding on the knuckles to keep your hands safe in case of an accident or in the gnarliest of weather conditions. With a loop and hoop closure, your gloves will give your hands complete control when it comes to comfort. Overfitting will not be an issue here.
A unisex design allows for all genders to be a part of these great gloves. No matter who you are, these gloves can create a typical ecosystem for you, as you ride around on your motorcycle.
- The product comes in the color black
- The gloves only weigh 5.6 ounces
- Great thin liner
- Ideal sizing chart for a quality fit
- A water-resistant option
- Keep your hands warm for hours at a time
18. OMGAI Upgraded Men’s Full Finger Motorcycle Gloves
The last glove options on our list come from the OMGAI brand. These tech touch gloves are some of the best in the business when it comes to aiding in the use of technology. With a genuine leather creation, its gloves like these that are game-changers in the world of motorcycle apparel.
A hard knuckle construction will also make sure that whoever wears these gloves will be protected in the worst of circumstances. With a military tactical design, these smart gloves are unlike any others you have ever seen before or will ever see again. A carbon fiber design allows for the best protection on the planet.
You can pick sizes from a medium, large, or XL glove. They are an imported option with elasticized fabric that will fit around your hands. No matter if you are climbing a mountain, paintballing, or keeping warm, these gloves can work for you.
- Comes in the color black
- The gloves only weigh 5.6 ounces
- The palms do not have any slippage
- These gloves are water-resistant
- Perfect if you are in the military
- Women can also use these gloves by buying a size down from the normal options
Buying Guide: Things To Consider When Buying A Motorcycle Glove
Whether you’re looking for the best fingerless motorcycle gloves, the best women’s motorcycle gloves, or any other type of gloves, choosing the right ones for your needs can be a time-consuming and overwhelming task.
In an effort to help make things a lot easier for you, we have listed all the features that you need to look for when buying the perfect riding gloves. Our buying guide will show you which features you need to consider before making your choice.
Purpose and Use
The anatomy of your hand is very frail with skin and bones that are prone to injuries in a variety of situations. In the unfortunate event of a formal crash, you need to be sure that your gloves will prevent your hands from getting hurt by the asphalt. That’s why when buying a pair of motorcycle gloves, you need to take into consideration the amount of protection and security they can provide.
Most people only consider a tough helmet when thinking of motorcycle safety, but gloves are the second most vital protective gear that you need to get. Their purpose is to enhance protection which could mean the difference between you walking away from a fall with minor bruises and scrapes or spending time in a hospital.
In addition to that, well-designed motorcycle gloves ease fatigue and reduce the numbness in your palms that can happen when you ride with your hands in the same position for long periods of time. It protects your hands from vibrations, shocks, and the cold.
Last, but certainly not least, well-designed motorcycle gloves are aesthetically pleasing. With so many designs available to choose from these days, you can find one to suit your style and personality and make you stand out while you’re on the roads.
The type of motorcycle rider you are will determine the kind of gloves that you need to get. Motorcycle glove manufacturers create specialized products for different riding environments and styles. You can find all-purpose models, but these are expensive. Also, they are generally not well balanced, which is why a lot of riders choose to have several pairs for different situations.
If you’re in an urban rider, and you use a motorcycle to get to and from work, you may not need an extremely expensive or fancy pair of gloves. A pair of well-made leather gloves or even inexpensive textile gloves will likely be suitable for casual drivers. They offer enough protection for that level of speed and the right level of comfort needed for one or two hours of riding.
Just remember that in some situations, it may be necessary to have waterproofing to make your gloves usable for those who commute every day.
For aggressive riders who revel in crisscrossing the streets at high speeds, a significant amount of extra protection is needed. If that sounds like you, then you need an extremely abrasion resistance item that will protect your hands in case you fall off your motorcycle.
If you’re a dirt rider, then you may need less abrasion resistance but more padding and a thicker lining that will help protect your hands underline from shocks and bumps. You can opt for synthetic materials that have a thick inner lining. However, it’s important to keep in mind that you can’t use dirt gloves on asphalt or if you are riding at high speeds because they might not save your hands if you fall.
Size and Fit
The size of the gloves that you buy is very important. First of all, you don’t want to have to use riding gloves that can come off at any time when you’re on the road. On the other hand, you don’t want your gloves to be too tight because that kills your functionality.
You want to motorcycle gear to have a snug but comfortable fit. This is vital when it comes to your safety on the roads.
It is a good idea to take the time to ensure that you get gloves that come with a variety of extra features that will make your driving experience much smoother. For instance, some gloves have extra breathability, which means that your palms won’t sweat so much when gripping the controls of your vehicle for extended periods of time.
Some gloves come with the ability for the wearer to use their smartphone without having to take them off. Depending on your needs and what you’ll be using your gloves for, you can see how these features can be important to you.
The bottom line is when choosing the best motorcycle gloves for your needs you need to consider not only the comfort and fit of the gloves but also the durability of the material to ensure that it saves your skin and bones in case of an accident. As you well know, you can’t be too safe on the roads – particularly when you’re riding a motorcycle. Use this guide to help you choose the right motorcycle gloves for your needs so you can stay safe and avoid having baked hands.
Types of Motorcycle Gloves
There are many different models of motorcycle gloves that are available on the market. The type of glove typically designates its purpose and the particular riding style that it is most suitable for. For instance, short designs are typically suitable for rides over shorter distances and in good weather.
Racing gloves designed to be able to withstand more serious impact. They have supplementary armor in addition to multiple layers of durable material. Most are heavily padded and they tend to be a bit on the expensive side, but well worth the money.
Touring gloves are designed for use on long rides. They most often feature thick pads and lining for enhanced comfort and weatherproofing. There are some made from textile materials to allow easy flow of air in and out to keep your hands cool in hot summer weather.
The extra features tend to make these gloves a bit pricier, but they may make all the difference depending on the situation you’re in. And if touchscreen compatibility is important to you, then it’s well worth forking out a bit extra for the right riding gloves. The good news is that almost all modern motorcycle gloves come with touchscreen compatibility and other important features.
Most extra features on the different models of motorcycle gloves are usually an adaptation that is demanded by the environment. For instance, winter items might include heating to keep your hands warm, using heavily insulated materials or even electric heating systems that can be connected either to batteries or to your motorcycle circuit itself.
For those who ride their bikes in hot and arid environments, cooling is a necessity and extra thin designs are a must. These types of gloves usually tend to be the most expensive because they are made from super lightweight materials that are also extremely durable.
Which One is the Best: Leather or Textile?
This is a great debate that has been raging since the advent of motorcycles: Which one is better, textile or leather. We’re going to attempt to answer that in the quickest way possible by highlighting a few of the differences between the two, and reasons why you might want to choose one over the other.
First, let’s look at your budget.
In an ideal world, riders would have the best motorcycle gloves for each riding condition they encounter. But we don’t live in such a world, and if you’re on a budget, what you need to do is pick the gloves that are the most versatile and that will suit the most types of different riding scenarios.
If leather is a little out of your reach, the good news is that there are some high-quality textile gloves that you’ll find for a very affordable price.
Next, consider the protection offered by the gloves.
Leather is unrivaled when it comes to impact protection and abrasion resistance. Of course, this does not mean that textile gloves won’t protect you – just that leather does it better. However, it’s also important to note that textiles have come a long way and these days you get some really durable materials that offer a level of protection that is on par with some leather makes – particularly the ones that aren’t very thick.
If you want the ultimate protection from leather, make sure it has a reasonable thickness. A cheap leather knockoff might look the part, but in the event that you fall off your bike, they won’t protect your skin and bones from the asphalt.
There are, of course, a variety of other factors to consider before making your choice between leather and textile, such as the weather, comfort, fit, style, durability, and care. Read through our handy buying guide and use those factors to help you decide if you want leather motorcycle gloves or textile motorcycle gloves.
Benefits of Wearing Motorcycle Gloves
Motorcycle gloves aren’t meant to be worn just to look good. There are many benefits to having the right kind of protection for your hands while on the roads.
Better Grip: The majority of gloves have silicone hands which help to ensure a safer grip on the controls. This means that even if your hands are hot and sweaty, for whatever reason, you’ll still be able to easily control your motorcycle, ensuring your safety and the safety of other people around you on the road.
Weatherproof: Yet another important benefit of wearing motorcycle gloves is that they give you some much-needed insulation during the cold months, making riding a lot more comfortable. Can you imagine just how hard it would be to maintain control over your bike if your fingers were frozen solid?
Ease Fatigue: A third reason to always wear motorcycle gloves is that they reduce the numbness you feel in your hands and ease wrist fatigue that results from gripping the bike controls over long periods of time. Some gloves are also designed to protect your hands from the constant vibrations and shocks of riding on rough terrain.
Protect from falls: In the event of a fall, your hands might get hurt coming into contact with the ground. Considering the fact that your hands are quite essential for you to operate your motorcycle, it’s obvious that you need to take the necessary steps to protect them in case of such an eventuality.
Look Great While Riding: Of course, we shouldn’t forget the visual appeal of motorcycle gloves. They add a certain something to your riding outfit that can enhance your personality and style.
The Bottom Line
Many motorcycle riders overlook wearing gloves since there aren’t any laws to enforce it, but when you consider the potential consequences of what a high-speed fall could do to your hands, you’ll never get on your motorbike without motorcycle gloves again.
Now that you know the most important reasons why you need to protect your hands while riding, you can check out our top 10 review list to pick the best motorcycle gloves for your needs.
FAQs: Frequently Asked Questions About Motorcycle Gloves
Q-1: How do I know which size is the right one for me?
- It’s easy to determine the right size of motorcycle gloves that you need. All you need is to use the manufacturer’s chart to find a pair that will be a nice snug fit on your hands. The first thing you need to do is to wrap dressmakers measuring tape around your knuckles while excluding the thumb, and then take note of the reading. After that, go to the manufacturer’s chart and compare your reading with the ones listed there to find your exact size of motorcycle gloves.
Q-2: Is it better to buy a multi-purpose glove?
- This is something you can decide for yourself based on factors like budget and so on, but generally, it’s always a good idea to get a pair of motorcycle gloves that are versatile enough to be used in a variety of driving environments. If you get gloves that are specifically designed just for the one riding style, then you may find that you need to have a lot of different motorcycle gloves.
- This is a luxury that most people just can’t afford. So think about what you’re going to be using your gloves for the majority of the time, and then find one that has some additional features that you value.
Q-3: Is leather better than textile gloves?
- As previously mentioned, there’s no one type of motorcycle glove that is better than another. It just depends on your needs and requirements. For instance, if it’s important to you that you spend as little as possible on your gloves, then you’re obviously not going to be looking at leather gloves, but if you value protection of your hands over all else, then a high-quality leather pair of motorcycle gloves may be the best option for your needs.
Q-4: How do you clean motorcycle gloves?
- Motorcycle gloves can be cleaned, and indeed must be cleaned in order to keep them looking and performing their best. After prolonged use, gloves can accumulate a buildup of dirt and sweat, which means they may not grip as well or be as comfortable as they could be.
- When cleaning your gloves, always refer to your manufacturer’s instructions to determine the best way to clean your specific type of gloves. For instance, gloves with a man-made interior can just be turned inside out and washed with a gentle detergent.
Q-5: Are motorcycle gloves really necessary?
- Not really… if you’re OK with losing some skin or bone in the event of a fall! Or if you’re not worried about your hands sweating in the hot months or freezing during the cold months to such an extent that you’re unable to effectively control your motorbike on busy roads.
- If you don’t mind any of these things happening to you, then no, motorcycle gloves aren’t really necessary to have or wear. But, if it’s important to you to stay safe on the roads, then this is the most vital piece of riding equipment (next to the helmet, of course) that you can get for your own peace of mind.
Now that you know the extreme importance of using the right gloves while riding, you can use our review and buying guide to help you choose the best motorcycle gloves for your needs. Our list includes gloves of all types, and no matter what kind of motorcycle rider you are, you’ll find a pair to match your riding style on our list.
We included high-quality affordable options for those on a budget, as well as a couple of pricier, but ultimately more functional pairs for those seeking versatility. So choose the right pair for your needs, and get back on the road for a safer, more thrilling riding experience. We have also reviewed Motorcycle Backpack for you.