Last Updated on
Whether you’re looking to add some stylish glow to your PC, TV, or any other part of your home or office, LED light strips are the way to go. In this article, we’re going to take a look at some of the best LED light strips that you can use for tasteful accent lighting in your surroundings.
The best part about these lights is they are so flexible that when it comes to using them, you’re only limited by your creativity. LED strip lights are a simple and affordable way of transforming anything from drab to fab in minutes. You can even use these lights on your car!
10 Best LED Light Strips: At A Glance
|1. LIFX Z Wi-Fi Smart LED Light|
|2. Rxment-RGB LED Strip Lights|
|3. Upgraded 32.8ft w/Extra Adhesive 3M Tape|
|4. KORJO Dream Color 32.8ft|
|5. MINGER DreamColor16.4ft|
|6. DAYBETTER Waterproof 600leds 32.8ft|
|7. Led Strip Light for 40-60in TV|
|8. Ustellar Dimmable 16.4ft/5m|
|9. SUPERNIGHT 5M/16.4 Ft SMD 3528|
|10. LEN 16.4 Feet Waterproof|
There are countless types of LED strip lights available to choose from, but if you’re not too sure where to start, then read on to find out all you need to know about choosing the right lights for your needs. We’ve even thrown in reviews of the 10 best options on the market to make things easier for you.
- Top 10 Best LED Light Strips Reviews:
- 1. LIFX Z Wi-Fi Smart LED Light
- 2. Rxment-RGB LED Strip Lights
- 3. Upgraded 32.8ft w/Extra Adhesive 3M Tape
- 4. KORJO Dream Color 32.8ft
- 5. MINGER DreamColor16.4ft
- 6. DAYBETTER Waterproof 600leds 32.8ft
- 7. Led Strip Light for 40-60in TV
- 8. Ustellar Dimmable 16.4ft/5m
- 9. SUPERNIGHT 5M/16.4 Ft SMD 3528
- 10. LEN 16.4 Feet Waterproof
- Buying Guide: Things To Consider When Buying LED Light Strips
- Advantages & Disadvantages of LED Light Strips
- How to Install LED Light Strips
- FAQs: Frequently Asked Questions About LED Light Strips
Top 10 Best LED Light Strips Reviews:
1. LIFX Z Wi-Fi Smart LED Light
This product makes it to the top of our list of the best LED light strips thanks to its amazing features. It has over 16 million colors to choose from, including at least a thousand shades of white! This means that you’ll have absolutely no problem matching the color of your lights to your current décor.
In addition to the vast selection of vivid colors, these lights come with animations and themes so you can bring your room to life in a unique and wonderful way. Another astounding feature is the scheduling that allows you to turn your lights on and off at any pre-scheduled time of the day or night.
Furthermore, you can choose the brightness and temperature of your lights using the Day and Dusk automation features. This means that you can customize your lights and make them uniquely yours. Tailor them to your own preference and use them to enhance your lifestyle.
You also get a simple voice or in-app dimming control that will help you set the perfect mood no matter what time of day or night it is. If you’re searching for LED strip lighting that is simple and easy to install and uses very little energy while providing ample illumination, this could be the best option for your needs.
- Simple installation, no tech skills needed. Just plug and play.
- Everything you need is included in the package, no additional hardware required
- Individually programmable zones of color from bold colors to subtle gradients
- Built-in wifi and LIFX cloud for full control via the app
- Fit to length lights can be adjusted to ensure you get ideal fit
2. Rxment-RGB LED Strip Lights
This company, founded in 2015 has already moved up in the ranks to become one of the most popular LED lighting manufacturers thanks to their commitment to producing high-quality products. This kit contains one 10-meter strip light with 300 LEDs as well as a remote controller, one RGB control box, and the power supply.
Inside the package, you’ll also find an easy to follow instruction manual for installation, use, and maintenance of the lights. With a lifespan of over 36,000 hours, you’ll be enjoying the beautiful glow from these LED lights for a very long time to come.
The strip lights are intended for indoor use only, and they have a double layer circuit board and an LED frame made of copper that helps to keep the strips brighter for longer than most other single-layer alternatives on the market.
They are also cuttable and linkable, which means you can install them to fit the designated space perfectly. They come with the marked lines to show you where you can cut safely. The remaining strips can be reconnected using various types of connectors like strip-to-strip jumpers or extension cables, and so on. This is undoubtedly the best buy LED light strips on offer today.
- High-quality power supply meets safety standards
- A double-layer copper circuit board
- Remote can control lights from up to 10 meters away
- The light strip has superb viscosity which makes it easy to install
- Adhesive backing for quick, simple mounting on any smooth surface
3. Upgraded 32.8ft w/Extra Adhesive 3M Tape
If you’re searching for a high-quality LED strip lighting kit that will adhere to the walls and give elegant illumination, then check out these LED lights from TBI Pro. They come ready to use, which means you don’t have to do much other than simply plug the lights in the nearest wall socket, and enjoy the glow.
These stunningly vibrant lights create an ambiance that is truly memorable. If you want to transform any area in your home or office with amazing lighting effects, this is the way to do it. These lights aren’t just great for the home or office, they are also perfect to use at events and gatherings where people would appreciate a beautiful or romantic setting.
The kit contains an LED lighting strip that is 32ft or 10 meters long. It comes with an IP65 waterproof rating, which means that your lights will be safe to use in the bathroom or any other place where it could come into contact with moisture.
This package also contains a remote so you can control the lights from the comfort of your chair. The lights come with a lifespan of over 50,000 hours, which means that they will be brightening your day or night for a long time to come.
- Waterproof LED strip lights rated IP65
- Remote controller to easily change colors
- Super strong adhesive on the back
- 30-day no questions asked money-back guarantee
- Best LED light strips for room
4. KORJO Dream Color 32.8ft
These smartphone app-controlled lights are easy to set up and operate. All you need to do is download the app named ‘LED Hue’ in the App store or Google Play. Next, turn on the Bluetooth on your phone, and open the app. Choose SP110E, and you’re ready to roll.
You don’t need a pairing code, settings, or network management to make it work. It doesn’t even need an internet connection, which is quite convenient. Inside the package, you’ll find two LED strip lights measuring 16 feet each, a 12V power adapter, Bluetooth controller, and a three-pin connector. You’ll also get a mounting bracket kit with 10 buckles and 20 screws as well as a spare Y-splitter connector.
To install these lights, make sure that the surface you intend to use them on is flat, clean, and dry. Cut the lights following the cut marks provided, after first making sure that the power is off. When connecting these lights in series, it’s a good idea to instill power between every five meters to avoid voltage drops.
Great for daily lighting, this is arguably the best led light strips for desk use. The LED strip lighting is also water resistant but should not be submerged in water. This is a great Bluetooth-controlled set of lights to consider for decorating your home, bar, boat, office, RV, or event.
- Versatile decorative lights can be used as kitchen lights, Christmas lights, Halloween, etc.
- 120 different color chasing modes
- Remote controller for adjusting the brightness
- Very long life expectancy of over 50,000 hours
- Equipped with short-circuit protection
5. MINGER DreamColor16.4ft
These amazing lights can be controlled via your smartphone app. The app name is ‘Govee Home’, and you can find and install it from the Apple store or Google Play. The app boasts a beautiful user interface and it also comes with a DIY selection so you can easily dim and switch the lights on and off.
The MingerDreamcolor LED strip lights also have a unique design that allows the brightness and color to change simultaneously with any frequency changes. The lights are very safe to use and the kit includes a UL-listed power supply made out of high-quality material and rigorously tested to ensure that it adheres to the high safety standards.
These lights are great for anyone who is concerned about the safety and wants the peace of mind of knowing that they are not adding aesthetic value at the expense of their family’s safety. The high-quality circuit board ensures protection against short-circuiting and the lights emit a very low amount of heat which means that it’s touchable and safe to use around children.
They have a life expectancy of about 10,000 hours, which isn’t as long as other products we’ve reviewed on our list of the best LED light strips, but they more than makeup for that with their range of impressive features.
- Lights have a timer switch for easy scheduling
- You can sync them with your music
- Millions of colors for an unforgettable ambient visual experience
- Multiple uses including décor in the home, boat, RV, camping, and events
- Very safe LED lights with low heat emission
6. DAYBETTER Waterproof 600leds 32.8ft
The DAYBETTER company focuses on creating a lighting experience that is unlike any other. They have a team of expert research and development staff whose sole purpose is to pursue endless innovation for their high-quality LED lights. It’s no wonder theirs is one of the most sought-after products when it comes to illuminating homes, offices, RVs, boats, and events.
If you’re looking to add a vibrant pop of color to any space, then this is a product you absolutely need to check out. Whether indoors or outdoors, you’ll be able to transform your area because these lights boast a waterproof rating of IP65.
You’ll also be able to change between 20 colors and eight light patterns including Slow, Quick, Auto, Flash, 3-color jumpy change, 7-color jumpy change, 3-color fade change, and 7-color fade change. The lights come with an RGB decrease and increase control which makes them versatile enough and perfect for any type of décor, from kitchen cabinets and counters to the dining room, bedroom, and even the lounge.
If you want a beautiful TV backlight, these lights would be the ideal option. The kit comes with everything you need to install and use the lights. You don’t need any extra accessories or equipment. These are among the best led light strips for home use on the market today.
- All parts included for easy installation and use
- Versatile lights with multiple applications
- Each strip has over 600 super bright LEDs for reliable intensity
- Stable and safe for use even around children
- Cuttable and linkable for a perfect fit
7. Led Strip Light for 40-60in TV
This LED light strip is designed specifically for use on 40 to 60 inch TVs. It comes with a strong adhesive on the back of the light to ensure that the lighting strip stays in place behind your TV. With over 24 key remote control light features, you’ll be able to customize this bias lighting for your television set any way you please.
You can change colors from the 16 available ones, and there are also 4 play modes. The energy saving lights are also dimmable, which means you can set the type of ambiance you want according to your mood.
With a lifespan of over 40,000 hours, these lights will be illuminating your TV for many years into the future. You can plug them directly into your TV’s USB port, but if you need to extend the line, you can also do so.
The kit comes with a USB connection cable as well as three connection cables. If you need any help with the installation, use, or maintenance of your lights, simply get in touch with their stellar, quick-response customer service via email and you’ll get all the help you need.
- Beautifully lights up each of your TV’s sides
- Perfect mood light for improving image clarity
- Designed to help ease eye fatigue when watching TV
- Easy installation thanks to the adhesive strap
- Comes with 1-year manufacturer’s warranty
8. Ustellar Dimmable 16.4ft/5m
This set of lights is cuttable and linkable, which means that you can have a perfect fit no matter where you want to install them. With such flexible operations, these lights are ideal for use in homes, offices, bars, boats, RVs, and at events. Basically, you can use them in any place where beautiful light will be appreciated!
The LED light strip is slim, compact, and extremely flexible. You can mount end-to-end when installing the lights on angled or bendable patterns. The same goes for installing the lights in continuous rows. These durable lights have superb heat dissipation thanks to their adoption of qualified FPC circuit-boards.
Because of this, the lights are even more durable and safer to use, particularly if you have young children who could access the lights. They are touchable and don’t get hot at all even after they’ve been in use for a while.
You can dim the lights to get the perfect hue for your lounge, kitchen, TV backlighting, dining room, or stairs. These lights will perform great no matter where you use them. They have a lifespan of 50,000 hours which translates to a whole lot of years of constant use. If you’re searching for high-quality LED lights to brighten up any indoor or outdoor space, this is a great option to consider.
- Best LED light strips for kitchen use
- Durable 5m strip length with 300 dimmable LEDs
- 50,000-hour life expectancy and stunning 6000K daylight white color
- Super bright and safe to use thanks to excellent heat dissipation
- The kit comes with everything you need for installation and use
9. SUPERNIGHT 5M/16.4 Ft SMD 3528
This light is ideal for use in the home, office, hotels, shopping malls, and clubs. You can also use it on your boat, in your RV, at parties, and events. If there’s a place that requires decoration, the Supernight LED lights will make a perfect addition to turn any space into an unforgettable arena.
This is DIY decoration at its best. You don’t even need a lot to get started. The lights come with a super strong adhesive strip on the back which makes them extremely simple and easy to install. In just a few minutes you’ll have your beautiful lights mounted wherever you desire.
All you have to do is measure and cut, connect to the power supply, plug in, and play. And that’s it! Everything you need is included in the package and no extra equipment or accessories are required. In addition to the bright lighting strip with over 50,000 hours of life, you also get a power adapter and a remote controller so you can adjust the lights even from a distance of up to 10 meters.
You can choose from among a variety of different solid colors, and set them to either flashing or strobing. You can also adjust the brightness of the lights, all from the included wireless remote.
- Bright 3528 LED with long life span
- Excellent luminous efficiency with great heat dissipation
- Low power consumption
- Self-adhesive tape for easy installation
- Cuttable and linkable for a perfect fit
10. LEN 16.4 Feet Waterproof
This product made it onto our list of the best LED light strips because it is premium quality offered at a very reasonable price. The company not only offers great value, but they provide outstanding customer service, too.
You’ll be able to install this LED light strip within minutes, even without any prior experience, but if you should need help, they are always on hand to assist with the installation and use of these lights. You have 44 customizable functions available to you, and these give you full-color control over the whole visible spectrum and the blink patterns.
These extensible lights use a lot less energy than most other types of lighting which makes them affordable and economical. Thanks to their flexibility and versatility, they can be used for a variety of applications, including home décor, holiday décor, parties, and events. You can also use them on boats, RVs, and anywhere else you can think of to put decorative lighting.
The strip lighting comes with adhesive tape for easy installation. It’s also water resistant, with a rating of IP65. Just don’t immerse the lights in water as this will significantly decrease their usage time. If you intend to use them outdoors, make sure the lights are adequately protected.
- Water resistant IP65-rated lights ideal for both indoor and outdoor
- Comes with memory function as well as brightness adjustment
- Adhesive strip for easy installation
- Rich color selection and jumping or flashing modes
- Versatile lights can be used for multiple purposes
Buying Guide: Things To Consider When Buying LED Light Strips
LED light strips are among the most preferred ways of adding bright, attractive lighting to any car or room interior. Many people are now leaning toward them as an affordable alternative to conventional lighting.
But choosing the best LED light strips may prove harder than you’d imagine and that’s why we’ve included this handy buying guide. Consider each of the factors listed below carefully so you can choose the right LED lights for your needs.
This is one of the first things you need to consider before hitting the ‘buy’ button. Most smart LED light strips are power-efficient. The majority of the lights on our list operate at 12 Volts of power, which is quite suitable for most applications, whether you’re using them in the house or in the car. After all, you wouldn’t want to invite yet another set of expenses just to decorate something, would you?
These lights come in a mesmerizing range of hues that will suit any preference and match any décor. Choose from solid color lights or ones that are multi-colored. Once you know where you’ll be using your LED light strips, it’s time to decide on a color that will complement and enhance your furniture, room, or car.
Depending on where you’ll be installing them, you may have to ensure that your lights are weatherproof. Excessive cold or heat doesn’t normally have an effect on LED light strips, but it’s always a good idea to make sure your lights are waterproof, particularly if you use them in the bathroom, kitchen, or anywhere else where they might be exposed to high levels of moisture. The good news is that weatherproof lights come at extremely affordable prices these days.
The length of your LED lights is quite an important feature that you need to consider before making your purchase so that you don’t waste money buying more than you need. Conversely, you don’t want to end up with a length that is too short for your needs. That can be extremely inconvenient for you.
Advantages & Disadvantages of LED Light Strips
Whether you’re searching for indoor lights or the best LED grow light strips, LED luminaries to offer a lot of benefits over the conventional lights, such as halogen, fluorescent, and incandescent. Some of the benefits are intrinsic to LED technology in general, such as the longer lifespan, while other features are specifically related to the LED strips, such as flexibility.
Here are some of the most important pros and cons that have helped to make LED strip lights the go-to lighting option for millions of people worldwide.
Advantages of LED strip lighting:
Convenient and Easy to Install– These types of lights are flexible and super easy to install, even for novice users who have never handled light strips before. All you need to do after attaching your lights to the desired spot is plug them into a standard power outlet in your home and you’ll have instant illumination.
AffordableandEconomical– These days LED lights come at a very affordable price. This type of technology is very energy-efficient, and it requires minimal maintenance. Altogether, these factors make LED lights an extremely economical choice.
Aesthetically Pleasing – Lights aren’t just for light. Sometimes it’s great if they also look great while providing illumination. Unlike the traditional lighting most people use, LED lights have an elegant glow that gives a luxurious aura to your surroundings.
Disadvantages of LED strip lighting:
Although these lights come with a lot of benefits, they also have a few drawbacks. It’s important to be aware of these before making your decision to buy LED strips to light up your home, office, or car. When some lights are out, the whole effect can be somewhat patchy and unappealing.
Replacement – You may be unable to replace a single bulb on some strips, which means you’ll have to replace the whole set.
Low Light – Since LEDs are made from a solid substance, some of the generated light can be dulled by it, leading to lower brightness levels when compared to other bulbs.
How to Install LED Light Strips
Installing the best led light strips for a room or car use is very easy. Whether you want to mount them under your cabinets, your car, or anywhere else, the process will remain the same depending on the type of lights you purchased.
For adhesive strips, it’s a simple matter of measuring the area you want to install the lights, cutting the right length of the light strip. After that, attach the quick connector if the cable doesn’t already have an input cable. You can then pull back the paper covering the adhesive at the back of the lights, and mount them to the pre-determined area.
Other types of LED lights come with clips and screws for mounting the lights onto surfaces where an adhesive might not work. Choose the one that will work best for your particular situation in order to ensure that your LED lights remain attached where you installed them for as long as you need them there.
LED lights are great for illuminating the areas in your home such as the staircase for added safety. You can also add them to your counters to create the perfect setting for those midnight snacks. One of the great things about this type of LED lights is that if you need to reposition them, you can simply peel them off and apply them somewhere else.
Just remember to always read the instruction manual that comes with your LED strip lighting to ensure that you follow the manufacturer’s instructions on how best to install that particular set of lights. Remember, care must be taken at any time you’re working with electricity to avoid unnecessary accidents or injuries.
FAQs: Frequently Asked Questions About LED Light Strips
Q-1:How long do LED strip lights last?
- One of the things that most people are most concerned about when it comes to buying and installing LEDs is their lifespan. Under ideal conditions, this type of lighting is rated for over 50,000 hours. This means that you’ll get about six years’ worth of continuous use out of them. Of course, if they’re installed under counters or cabinets, then you’re likely to get even more years of use out of them.
Q-2: Does LED strip lighting use lots of energy?
- If you’re concerned about the amount of electricity used by these lights, put your fears to rest. LEDs are actually very economical when compared to all other conventional types of lights, including incandescent and even compact fluorescent lamps. Once you’ve installed these as your source of light, they will be using up to 18% less electricity than other lights while giving a similar light output.
Q-3: Is there a maximum length for LED strip lighting?
- If you exceed the recommended lengths, your LED strip voltage will drop as will the brightness of your lights. In some cases, you may experience inconsistent lighting all along the strip. For 12V DC strips, the longest you can make them is 5 meters. 24V DC LEDs can be up to 10 meters in length and LED 57CC can run to 20 meters maximum length.
Q-4: Are LED lights bad for the eyes?
- Energy-saving bulbs face a lot of criticism when it comes to their effect on the eyes. A lot of people believe that LEDs can cause damage to the eyes, but this isn’t necessarily true. All light is radiation, essentially, which means any type of light can be a threat to your health. But when properly controlled, domestic high-luminance LED strip lighting should be safe as far as your vision is concerned.
Q-5: Do the lights have to be close to the power supply?
- Not necessarily. You’re able to run control cable or low-voltage wire for up to 50ft.in the majority of cases. Just remember that the longer the wire, the more voltage drop you’ll incur. This may result in your LED lights not being as bright as they would be if the run were shorter. The best thing you can do is to keep it short, and if you absolutely have to make the run long, then use thicker wire.
Whether you’re out to add a bit of extra glow to your TV, kitchen counters, or stairs, or if you want to incorporate an interesting light feature to your car, these best buy led light trips will be an affordable way of adding extra light without a lot of extra expense.
Their applications are endless – from residential and commercial to the ever-increasing rate of use in industrial projects. No matter where you want to use them, use our article as your resource to help you find and buy the best LED light strips on the market.