Driving off-road in dark conditions can be an exciting experience or a dangerous one depending on the type of lighting you have. In this article, we’re going to take a look at the best LED lights bars so you can choose the right one which will allow you to navigate your vehicle off-road even in low light conditions.
There are a lot of different things that can cause poor visibility, but with the right LED light bar to give you high-quality lighting, you’ll be able to cut through the darkness, rain, fog, and any other conditions that cause low lighting.
10 Best LED Light Bars: At A Glance
Read on to find out everything you know about how to choose the right lights for your specific needs. In an effort to make your life even easier, we’ve also researched, rated, and reviewed 10 of the best options that are available right now for you to pick from. Read our other suggestion about led headlights.
- Top 10 Best LED Light Bars Review:
- 1. Nilight LED Light Bar
- 2. Bangbangche Flood Spot LED Light Bar
- 3. Mictuning Combo LED Light Bar
- 4. Eyourlife Curved LED Light Bar
- 5. Cutequeen Off-Road LED Light Bars
- 6. Nilight LED Spot/Flood Light Bar
- 7. AuxBeam LED Light Bar
- 8. Northpole LED Light Bar
- 9. YitaMotor LED Light Bar
- 10. Senlips LED Light Bar
- Buying Guide: Things To Consider When Buying LED Light Bars
- Light Bar Applications
- Types of LED Light Bars
- Installation of LED Light Bar
- FAQs: Frequently Asked Questions About LED Light Bars
- Q-1: Can a Light Bar Falling under the Truck Really Burst the Tires?
- Q-2: Is It Necessary for the LED Light Bar Angle to Be Adjustable?
- Q-3: Why Do Most Lightbars Present Overheating Problems?
- Q-4: How Can I Tell a High-Quality LED Light Bar from a Cheap One?
- Q-5: Is It Possible to Run LED Light Bulbs at a Higher Voltage so They Are Brighter?
- Q-6: I Just Installed My Lightbar and Its Not Working. What Should I Do?
Top 10 Best LED Light Bars Review:
1. Nilight LED Light Bar
This product from the Nilight NI07A series is designed to help improve brightness for anyone driving in dark off-road conditions This particular LED light bar is popular among a lot of users thanks to its high-quality and competitive pricing. The size and design of this offering make it ideal to not only enhance your safety but also the aesthetics of your vehicle as well.
It has upgraded PC lens which offers superior anti-scratching durability. Expert craftsmanship delivers an LED lifespan of over 50,000 hours, which in turn translates to extreme value for money. These lights have low energy consumption, high lumens chips, and an improved waterproof design.
The effective heat dissipation means that you don’t have to worry about these lights overheating constantly, as is the case with a lot of other inferior brands on the market today. If you are looking for the best LED light bars that will perform great for a long time to come, then these are the lights you need to consider.
- Over 50,000 hours of working lifespan
- Effective heat dissipation
- Improved waterproof design
- High lumens chips
- Low energy consumption
2. Bangbangche Flood Spot LED Light Bar
This light bar is designed for a wide variety of vehicles, heavy equipment, boats, vans, campers, and so on. The package includes 126W LED flood/spot combo light bar which is 20 inches in length. You also get a four-piece 18W flood light bar as part of the set.
All these items are waterproof, super bright, and very well constructed to offer you maximum durability and performance. They boast enhanced heat dissipation thanks to the aluminum back side of the light bars which helps to enlarge the heat dissipation section, causing the lights to cool down a lot quicker.
This light bar has widespread use and in addition to being compatible with the vast majority of vehicles, it also has many indoor and outdoor applications such as garden lighting, yard lighting, construction lighting, and loan tractor lighting, etc. If you are searching for the best rated led light bars on the market, this is undoubtedly one of them.
- Compatible with a wide range of vehicles
- Flood/spot combo light bar
- Easy and quick installation
- Very affordable pricing for high-quality construction
- LED bulbs have an extended lifespan of 50,000 hours
3. Mictuning Combo LED Light Bar
This naturally white light bar is amazingly bright. At 32 inches in length, it has high-intensity LEDs that provide a combo spot and flood beam that has 13.200 LM luminous flux. This means that you will have absolutely no problem illuminating every part of the road while driving in the night.
The crystal clear white light has wider and farther irradiation distance that is a lot safer than many of the bluish lights and the dim halogen lamps that have poor penetration. If you want a light that will illuminate the road in any conditions, whether foggy, misty or otherwise, then this is a good one to consider.
The military diecast aluminum housing gives this light bar a visible toughness and durability. It has sturdy brackets and the heavy-duty powder coating – both of which help to prevent scratches and preserve the integrity of the lights even on harsh terrains. The light also comes with a 100% satisfaction guarantee as well as a three-year warranty for your peace of mind.
- LED lamps offer superior visibility
- Bulbs have 30,000 hours lifespan and low power consumption
- Excellent performance things to foster heat dissipation
- Constructed for long-lasting durability
- Quick and easy installation
4. Eyourlife Curved LED Light Bar
This curved LED light bar from Eyourlife brand offers excellent performance as well as superior quality – all for an extremely affordable price. If you want to give your vehicle an aggressive look, there’s no better way to do it at this price. Thanks to the curved design, you get a greater area for viewing.
With these lights, you’ll be able to turn the darkest night into day thanks to their powerful features. There are different sizes to choose from if you intend to install them in different locations. In addition to being efficient, these lights are also energy-saving. They are compatible with all types of automobiles that are equipped with a 10-30V DC power source.
They have an IP68 waterproof certification, which means you don’t have to worry about the lights even if they are submerged in water temporarily. Without the mounting brackets, these lights are 50 inches in length. They also have a diecast aluminum housing which helps with the heat dissipation.
The lens material is durable and tough which helps to prevent scratches. In addition to being ideal for a wide variety of vehicles, such as military vehicles, heavy equipment, police cars, fire engines, and other specialized vehicles, these off road light bars are also a great option for use in buildings, as well as outdoors.
- Ideal for an extremely wide range of vehicles, boats, trains, and so on
- This is the best waterproof light bar
- Anti-corrosion properties enhance durability
- Incredible design curved for a greater viewing area
- Quality assurance for great performance in harsh conditions
5. Cutequeen Off-Road LED Light Bars
This high-intensity LED light bar from Cutequeen offers a 60° flood beam. It has 3600LM, and boasts a square heavy-duty fixture that has dimensions of 6.5 x 4″. The mounting bracket is made from stainless steel material, and the diecast aluminum housing helps to dissipate heat quickly and more evenly.
The lens is made of toughened glass which means that you don’t have to worry about getting it scratched on the roads. If you want LED light bulbs that perform great on any types of road conditions, then you should check out these ones.
With a working temperature of -40° to 85°F, and a color temperature of 6000K-6500 K, these spot beams are designed to offer effective lighting for long periods of time. The bulbs have a working life of over 50,000 hours and at this price, you’re definitely getting your money’s worth, making this one of the best LED light bars you can get right now.
- Wide range of applications including vehicles, buildings, and outdoors
- 45° adjustable mounting brackets
- IP67 waterproof protection
- Thick housing for better cooling effect
- Rustproof, dust, and condensation resistant
6. Nilight LED Spot/Flood Light Bar
This LED light bar has a much longer lifespan than a lot of others in the same category. The product has gone through rigorous testing to ensure that the lights don’t disappoint under regular use. In addition to the longer lifespan, these lights are compatible with a range of different applications from off-road vehicles and boats to construction equipment and household lighting.
This manufacturer has taken great pains to ensure that all customers are satisfied with their products and service. They have a 24-hour quick reply policy for all emails sent to the after-sales service. This is something that you don’t normally experience when dealing with these kinds of manufacturers and it’s one of the main reasons why many people choose the Nilight brand over others.
This LED light lamp has amazing heat dissipation, improved waterproof design, adjustable brackets, and advanced chip techs. If you are searching for best brand of LED light bars, you should definitely check this one out.
- Low energy consumption
- Enhanced waterproof design
- Fully adjustable mounting brackets
- Pure white light ray
- 50,000 hours of working lifespan
7. AuxBeam LED Light Bar
This is a high-quality LED light bar with a diecast aluminum housing which is constructed to be durable enough to withstand any type of harsh condition you can throw its way. The low power consumption of these lights, as well as the high lumen output, make them the ideal option for off-road in harsh terrains.
The valid irradiation distance is much longer than you get from normal halogen bulbs in the advanced vertical fin is designed to achieve maximum heat dissipation. This is something that’s extremely important particularly if you’re going to be going on long drives where there’s a chance that your bulbs may overheat.
The IP67 rating promises great performance when it comes to waterproof and moisture resistant features. In addition to that, this light bar is shockproof and dustproof which means you won’t have to worry about it failing you in harsh conditions or terrains. This is a high-quality, durable light bar that is ideal for all types of vehicles including special vehicles, trains, boats, buses, and tanks.
- 12 inch LED lights offers a broad viewing area
- IP67 rating for waterproof durability
- 7,200LM lumen from 24 high-powered LED lights
- Bottom mounting bracket is adjustable
- One of the best light bars for trucks
8. Northpole LED Light Bar
This LED lightbar from Northpole can be used in a variety of applications such as off-road vehicle lighting, material handling, marine LED lighting, and agricultural missionary lighting. You can also use it in ATVs, motorbikes, trains, buses, and tanks.
The kit comes with everything you need for installation and use, and the light has a spot/flood combo beam which offers the best of both worlds. With a lifespan of over 30,000 hours, 10,500LM, and a color temperature of 6000K, this is the ideal light for anyone who wants high-quality and great performance in their product.
The housing material is made from diecast aluminum and the lens material is PC which helps to prevent scratches and preserve the light even over rough terrains. In addition to all these amazing properties, this light comes with a 12-month warranty and you also get 24-hour email customer support to ensure your full satisfaction. Overall, this is definitely one of the best LED light bars on the market today.
- Waterproof rating of IP67
- Diecast aluminum housing for durability
- Bulbs have a lifespan of over 30,000 working hours
- Spot/Flood combo beam
- High-quality construction from a reliable brand
9. YitaMotor LED Light Bar
This is one of the most affordably priced LED light bulbs on our list. If you want to light up the night but you’re on a tight budget, this could be the perfect option for your needs. This 6-inch 18W flood beam LED light bar is durable, waterproof, and shock resistant.
It has a black painted housing made from aluminum and the polycarbonate lens offers protection for all inner components. An inbuilt heat sink allows the bulbs to cool down faster which helps to lengthen their lifespan significantly.
The LED work light performs at 10 to 30 V with much lower power consumption compared to other types of lights, and it also comes with mounting accessories that are adjustable. This helps to make it easier to change the direction of your light’s beam. If you are searching for the best cheap led light bar on the market right now, this is one that is worth checking out.
- LED light bar has a flood beam pattern
- Lights have a waterproof protection rate of IP67
- The color temperature of 6000K offers longer irradiation distance
- Made from durable aluminum alloy and polycarbonate lens
- Easy to install and comes with adjustable mounting accessories
10. Senlips LED Light Bar
This high-intensity LED light bar is a combo beam with a 30° spot and a 60° flat beam. It has a color temperature of 6,000K as well as a working lifespan of over 30,000 hours. The lens has various applications both indoor and outdoor in addition to use on a variety of vehicles.
Whether you want to light up your trailer or your truck, construction spaces, garden, backyard, a boat, bus, or train, this is one of the best LED light bars you can get on the market today at such an affordable price. Just remember to check your state laws before installing this light bar to ensure that you stay within the regulations.
The light bar comes with an adjustable mounting bracket which allows it to move up and down so you can place it exactly where you want. It also has faster heat dissipation which helps to prevent overheating during long periods of use. The package comes with everything you need to install and mount the LED light bar, including the brackets and screws.
When you purchase this lightbar from the Senlips brand, you also get a one-year warranty for your peace of mind. If you want the brightest led light bar on the market, this definitely falls into that category.
- Upgraded PC lens for durability
- Black-painted aluminum housing for faster heat dissipation
- Stainless steel adjustable mounting bracket
- IP67-rated, waterproof, dustproof, shockproof
- Combo beam pattern for enhanced irradiation distance
Buying Guide: Things To Consider When Buying LED Light Bars
Because of the sheer variety of LED light bars available on the market today, choosing the right one for your needs can prove to be an overwhelming and frustrating experience. With that in mind, we have made a list of all the things you need to consider before buying LED light bars for your vehicle.
Key Considerations When Choosing the Best LED Light Bars
This is obviously an important factor to consider. The good news is that the price of LED light bars has come down significantly over the years. However, they are still more costly than a lot of other options. But, if you think of them as a long-term investment, then they prove to be more cost-effective than all those other alternatives.
The main reason for this is the bulb’s longevity. LED lights of this nature can last well over 50,000 hours of use which means they offer great value for money.
If you’re looking at LED light bars, you consider lumens, not watts. These are what determines how bright the light is. So obviously, the higher the lumens of your chosen light, the brighter it will be. Of course, this doesn’t mean that the watts aren’t important.
Wattage is what determines how much energy the light is going to draw, so you are going to have to consider the wattage if you want bulbs that have low energy consumption.
3. Type of Beam
When buying LED light bars, You can choose from either spot beams or flood beams. Often times you have a choice between a combination of the two. A flood beam will give you an arc of light that is a lot wider which is great for illuminating the general area layout in front of you while you’re driving.
However, for more concentrated light that focuses on specific areas, you need to choose a spot beam. For your safety as you’re driving off-road, you probably need to have both in order to ensure that you’re aware of any and all potential hazards.
4. Angle of Beam
You might need to have your lights at an angle that is different to the normal one depending on the type of terrain your driving on. Make sure you opt for LED lights bars that are easily adjustable through 45° at least. This allows you to focus the light and ensure that you get the best angle to meet your driving needs.
This also means that if you stop, camp, or need to illuminate a different area than the one your car is facing, it’s easy to change the light angle to shine on the area you want.
When you drive off-road a lot, you often come across adverse conditions including cold, dusty, damp, wet, and generally rough conditions. Your LED light bars should be up to the task and not let you down halfway through your journey.
The best LED light bars have a rating of IP67 and above, which means they are protected from dirt, condensation, dust, moisture, and even temporary immersion in water of fewer than 3 feet in depth.
As you can see, there is quite a lot to take into consideration before you choose the right light bar for your vehicle. Whether you want to use it on an off-road vehicle, boat, RV, or anywhere else, having the right LED light bar will make the difference between whether you see approaching danger or not.
So use the factors listed above to help you make the right choice for your needs as well as to get the best price on LED light bars.
Light Bar Applications
There are a lot of different ways in which you can use LED lights bars. In addition to being extremely useful, and even necessary for helping you navigate around obstacles during off-road driving, they also have a range of applications for other activities.
These types of lights can come in very handy if you are going on a long trip where you intend to drive considerable distances and possibly even camp along the way. You can use them to light up the camping area, which can be particularly important if you stop after darkness is setting.
The last thing you want is to try setting up camp and pitching a tent in darkness (or using just your headlights). Anyone who has ever attempted this can tell you that it’s an extremely difficult thing to do.
You can also add LED light bars to various other types of vehicles other than off-road vehicles, such as golf carts, construction vehicles, boats, yachts, RVs, and lots of others. All of these and more can benefit from the different types of LED light bars available on the market. You’ll be able to safely maneuver the vehicle even in low light conditions that offer poor visibility.
Because the LED lights can cut through the fog, they are ideal for use in any situation where you need to drive or work in those conditions. This includes lighting buildings, storage areas, yards, and gardens. In fact, the applications for these LED light bars are virtually endless, and the only thing you need to do is to make sure that you choose the right type of LED light bar for the specific situation at hand.
There are also specialized light bars such as the ones that you get on emergency vehicles and highway maintenance vehicles, as well as the ones you see in dangerous or hazardous work areas. The bottom line is that you can always find the best LED light bars on the market for your needs.
Types of LED Light Bars
LED light bars are available in various types, styles, and sizes. They are all basically designed to do the same job, which is to light the area in front of you. But the light that you choose to purchase depends a lot on a range of different factors such as the type of weather conditions, the terrain, and even the reason for the journey.
Listed below are the most common types of LED lights:
- Single row
- Dual row
- Square pods/cubes
- Round LED lights
These are just five of the main categories, and within each, you have a lot of different combinations when it comes to beam patterns. For instance, the single and dual row types of LED light bars can either contain spot beams, flood beams, or a combination of the two.
Yet another difference that you can look for in these types of light bars is the adjustability feature which allows you to change the angle with which the beam of light is focused in order to cater to your specific requirements. This property also helps to make the installation of the light bar a lot easier.
When choosing between a straight light bar or one that is curved, it comes down to simple individual preference. Most people prefer the curved beams because of the enhanced aesthetics, but when all is said and done, neither shape has an advantage over the other. So it falls on you to decide which one appeals to you more.
The bottom line is that both styles come with benefits and drawbacks, and it hasn’t really been shown that the curved light bar offers more usability than one that is straight, although a lot of people believe that it’s the optical characteristics of either shape that play a bigger part in the light’s performance.
Important Note: An important note to consider at this point is that when choosing the type of LED light bar to purchase, it’s important to keep in mind that the length and number of rows in the light bar have an impact on its overall performance.
For instance, the longer your light bar is, the larger the amount of current it’s going to draw from the electrical system of your vehicle. The brighter it is, the more cumbersome it will likely be. The most popular size of light bar for general use is about 20 inches but you may consider getting a model that is 40 to 50 inches in length, particularly if you want to mount your light bar on the roof of a full-size vehicle.
Installation of LED Light Bar
If you have the right tools and supplies, installing a light bar on your vehicle is a simple and quick process. Follow the steps listed below and you’ll be able to install your LED lights in no time:
Important Tips to Keep in Mind
- Test everything before installing
- Don’t over tighten any of the hardware
- Keep all the wires and lights away from any moving parts
- Keep lights away from heat sources, exhausts compliments, cooling systems, etc.
- Always double check proper aiming for best results
- Make sure you secure wiring to prevent damage
Before you get started, make sure you have your manual with all the manufacturers’ instructions on how to install your LED lights bar so you have a handy point of reference as you work and then follow the steps listed below:
Step #1: Disable the terminals of each of the shorter output wires
Step #2: Connect the set of terminals to the LED light bar
Step #3: Take the red wire from the fuse to the car battery positive and the black one from the relay should be taped to the car battery negative
Step #4: Route the button-switch to the interior of the driver’s side
Step #5: Attach the red wire to the headlights positive wire and the black one to the ground
Step #6: Test the LED light bar to ensure that you’ve done the wiring correctly
FAQs: Frequently Asked Questions About LED Light Bars
Q-1: Can a Light Bar Falling under the Truck Really Burst the Tires?
- For the most part, even with the best rated LED light bars, this does happen. But, it depends a lot on the tires that you have on your vehicles. For instance, unless you have those massive tires that are used in 18 wheelers or maybe those good ATV tires, the metal and shattered glass from a falling light bar under your truck will do a lot of damage.
- But, you can easily avoid such a situation by ensuring that your light bar brackets are extremely strong. Also, take the time to make sure that you screw them in well. If you do that, then there’s no need to stress test this issue, otherwise, you’ll just end up with a lot of glass to clean off the road (and money down the drain).
Q-2: Is It Necessary for the LED Light Bar Angle to Be Adjustable?
- Some people wonder why it’s a necessity for the light bar angle to be adjustable as opposed to just facing straightforward. The answer to this question is that if you’re only mounting the light bar onto your vehicle’s front at the top of the hood, then there’s no need for anything else.
- But what if you needed to use the lightbar on the underside of your vehicle? In such a case you would need to alter the angle a little. Alternatively, what if you want to use the lights on the side of your vehicle? In this case, you’d need to adjust it by quite a lot.
- Some people use these lights indoors or as spotlights in the yard, which means adjustable angles will not only be appreciated in the light fixture, but they almost certainly will be necessary in such a case.
Q-3: Why Do Most Lightbars Present Overheating Problems?
- A lot of people have reported that overall, LED light bars present more overheating problems than most other LED light devices. The reason for this is very simple: LED light bars have a lot more bulbs within their fixtures. All the other light devices have significantly fewer bulbs with light reflecting in the housings.
- Since all of them are shining at one time, and each one at a minimum of about 30 to 60°F, this means that when you add it all up, you have a piece of hardware that gets very hot during use and it’s very important to ensure that the manufacturer has put several countermeasures in place to help the light bar remain nice and cool.
- But even with all these measures in place to avoid overheating, it’s still a good idea to keep your lightbar usage to the minimum.
Q-4: How Can I Tell a High-Quality LED Light Bar from a Cheap One?
- If you want to invest in a reliable, durable light bar for your vehicle or any other use, then it’s important to make sure that you choose one that is made of high-quality materials from a trusted brand. One way to tell if a light bar is a good one is by reading the reviews from verified buyers.
- Choose a light bar that has a lot of positive reviews, and more importantly look for reviews that talk about IP rating, mounting stability, heat dissipation, and the quality of the lights. By doing this, you make it a lot more likely that you will choose a well-made LED light bar that will last you for a long time to come.
Q-5: Is It Possible to Run LED Light Bulbs at a Higher Voltage so They Are Brighter?
- Any led lights that you purchase will be designed to function within a certain voltage range. By limiting amp draw to a narrow current range, you will help to manage the lifespan and heat of the LED lamps. With this in mind, you will not be able to brighten the LED light bar by simply increasing the voltage.
- However, if it does happen, it simply means that you have poorly designed drivers and that there’s a risk of significantly shortening your LED light bar lifespan.
Q-6: I Just Installed My Lightbar and Its Not Working. What Should I Do?
- This is a problem that is commonly experienced by a lot of people, particularly when installing LED light bars for the first time. What you need to do is to check each of the components for damage or faults. If you have followed our instructions on how to install your LED light bar, then you will have checked for defects before actual installation.
- So if the lights are not working after you’ve installed them it’s a lot easier to troubleshoot. The most common causes of the light bar not coming on include frayed or overlapping wires. If any of the wires aren’t stripped back far enough, this is enough to keep your lights from working since it won’t make an effective connection.
Now that you know everything you need to know about how to choose the right light bar for all the various applications you can use this review article as your resource to help you choose the right type of light for your needs.
Read through the buying guide, decide on the factors that are most important to you, and then use our list of the 10 best LED light bars on the market right now to pick one that will work perfectly on your off-road vehicle, boat, RV, storage area, yard, or any other place you intend to use it.