Owning a Jeep Wrangler is an amazing experience, huh? Your vehicle towers over other vehicles, and it is almost like you own the road. No matter the season, and no matter the weather, this vehicle does work in the great outdoors. A Jeep Wrangler can travel on the highways and byways, while doing some off-roading, too. But, just because you have a Jeep Wrangler does not mean you are set and ready to go. You need to have the best headlights, too. When it comes to the best Jeep Wrangler LED Headlights money can buy, there are a lot of options to sift through.
Read this review guide to help you make the best decision for you and your Jeep Wrangler. Because when you make a quality headlight decision, your ride is going to feel a lot nicer, as you cruise across the country. You may need an antenna for your Jeep. So we have also reviewed that one by the real expert users.
10 Best Jeep Wrangler LED Headlights: At A Glance
|1. 7" LED Headlights with RGB + 4" LED Fog Lights|
|2. JW Speaker 8700 J2 Black Headlights Pair|
|3. Xprite 7" LED Halo Headlights for Jeep Wrangler|
|4. NF Nightfire 7" Round LED Headlights|
|5. Xprite 7" 75W CREE LED Headlights|
|6. 7" RGB Headlights for Jeep Wrangler 1997-2017|
|7. 7" Round LED Headlight with DRL|
|8. Sunpie Black 7" Round LED Projection Headlights|
|9. Omotor 7" Jeep Wrangler RGB Halo LED Headlights|
|10. DOT Approved 7" Black LED Headlights|
Now, let’s dig deeper into Jeep Wrangler headlights.
- Top 10 Best Jeep Wrangler LED Headlights Reviews:
- 1. 7″ LED Headlights with RGB Halo + 4″ LED Fog Lights for Jeep Wrangler 1997-2017
- 2. JW Speaker 8700 J2 Black Headlights Pair
- 3. Xprite 7″ LED Halo Headlights for Jeep Wrangler
- 4. NF Nightfire 7″ Round LED Headlights for Jeep Wrangler
- 5. Xprite 7″ 75W CREE LED Headlights for Jeep Wrangler
- 6. 7″ RGB Headlights for Jeep Wrangler 1997-2017
- 7. 7″ Round LED Headlight with DRL
- 8. Sunpie Black 7″ Round LED Projection Headlights Kit for Jeep Wrangler
- 9. Omotor 7″ Jeep Wrangler RGB Halo LED Headlights
- 10. DOT Approved 7″ Black LED Headlights
- Buying Guide: Things To Consider When Buying Jeep Wrangler LED Headlights
- Comparison of LED vs. HID vs. Halogen Headlights
- How to Install LED Headlights
- FAQs: Frequently Asked Questions About Jeep Wrangler LED Headlights
- Q-1: If I purchase LED lights, will I be helping the environment around me?
- Q-2: How important is the anti-flicker harness, and do I actually need it?
- Q-3: Which LED lights are best for my Jeep Wrangler?
- Q-4: Will my lights really last 50,000 hours?
- Q-5: How important is it to purchase headlights that use Bluetooth technology?
Top 10 Best Jeep Wrangler LED Headlights Reviews:
1. 7″ LED Headlights with RGB Halo + 4″ LED Fog Lights for Jeep Wrangler 1997-2017
These are some of the best Halo headlights for Jeep Wrangler models. Specifically, these lights are functional for 2007-2017 Jeep Unlimited JK4 Door and 2 Door varieties. Also, 1997-2006 Jeep Wrangler TJ, 1981-1985 Jeep CJ-8 Scramblers, and 1976-1986 Jeep CJ-7 models all work with these lights. The Department of Transportation (DOT), Society of Automotive Engineers (SAE), and Economic Commission for Europe (E-Mark) approve these specific headlights. Since they are legal on the road, you can plug them in at no time at all. With minimal to no extra decoding, you will not need to buy a higher-grade on most models.
The 7″ LED Headlights are waterproof and maintenance free over the life of the product. With a new, state-of-the-art design, these halo lights are the dual power of headlights and fog lights. The headlights are for high and low beam and include 2 7″ headlights, 2 fog lights, and brackets for mounting. At just over 8 pounds, your headlights will not break your back, as you install this Sunpie brand.
- The lifespan of these headlights is 50,000 hours
- The color temperature ranges from 6500K to 7500K
- Housing material is made from aluminum
- Input voltage extends between 10 to 30V DC
- Fog lights are 1440LM*2 lumens
- Bluetooth technology can change the color of halo lights you want
2. JW Speaker 8700 J2 Black Headlights Pair
On a list of best headlights for Jeep Wrangler models, the JW Speaker 8700 pair needs to be on it. This technology uses both low and high beam optics to give you more light than you ever thought possible. The installation is quick and painless, and you will not need an anti-flicker harness because it will not be a problem for you. Unfortunately, a lot of Halo light models flicker and cause a distraction on the road, but not with these JW headlights. Transport Canada and the DOT have approved these models for legal use. Additionally, the high beams are made from ComfortLite that gives each user an improved pattern of light on the road.
The model is super lightweight at 1 pound, and only ships at 6.5 pounds. Specifically, these headlights work on all Jeep Wrangler 2007 models up to current day options. When you make the purchase, you will receive only one headlight because the fog lights cost extra. No mounting brackets come with these headlights, but you can use the present mounting brackets currently in your Jeep Wrangler. No adapter will be needed, as the lights work seamlessly in your vehicle.
- Dual-burn lights dim half, while the other half is halo technology
- These headlights consume less power than the original equipment manufacturer (OEM) lights
- Easy install videos on YouTube
- Headlights can be re-aimed horizontally or vertically
- Great help with visibility improvement
3. Xprite 7″ LED Halo Headlights for Jeep Wrangler
These LED Halo headlights form Xprite are a phenomenal possibility when looking for the best headlights for Jeep Wrangler vehicles. The lighting technology uses a high-octane CREE LED chip. Being DOT approved also allow for legality, as you use it out on the roads. With over 50,000 hours of life, you can expect these headlights to work day after day.
There are four lighting modes that include low beam, high beam, day running lights, and amber turn signal lighting. These high-quality lights are made of die-cast aluminum with a polycarbonate lens. The design is perfect to allow the lights to cool and gives great strength to the rest of the product. Expect these lights to be rustproof and shockproof under any conditions. This Xprite model keeps water out with its perfect housing.
The Xprite technology uses LED ballasts and has an adaptor included connecting with any Jeep Wrangler model. Also, these headlights were with Hummers, too. This makes lighting perfect with one of its 5 Halo ring covers: blue, green, RGB, red, and white.
- Uses a voltage of 12V DC
- Package includes LED headlights and an Xprite Owner Manual
- Power with 40W bulbs
- Cooling ribs keep the headlights from overheating
- Involves a 2-year warranty
- Breath hole is added just in case you want to use fog lights
- Can change the color of the lights
4. NF Nightfire 7″ Round LED Headlights for Jeep Wrangler
Are you looking to enhance your Jeep’s headlight appearance? Then, you should consider some of the best Wrangler LED headlights. These genuine 7″ round headlights pair as 150W / 7500LM options for you and your Jeep. They are waterproof tested, and these headlights stay brighter longer than typical halogen options.
The build quality is one you can trust from NF Nightfire. Produced as die-cast aluminum, the casing stays calm and cool, no matter how long you use them. The lenses are made of polycarbonate and they are rustproof and shockproof.
If you are worried about installation, do not be. The instructions are straightforward, as the connectors are of the plug and play variety. An added adaptor allows for more cars to use these lights seamlessly. Start by removing the grill, so it will be easier for you to mount the headlights.
These NF Nightfire headlights fit in a 1997-2006 Jeep Wrangler, 2004-2006 Jeep Wrangler LJ Unlimited, 2007-2018 Jeep Wrangler JK 2 Door and 4 Door, 1992-2001 AM General Hummer, and 2003-2009 Hummer H1 and H2.
In each package, you can expect 2 – 7″ LED headlights, 2 – H4 adapters, 2 – H13 adaptors, and Instructions. You will not need anything more.
- Expect over 50,000 hours of LED usage
- Built-in decoder comes standard
- Headlight kit is organized by smartphone app technology
- Halo ring lights turn on and off with main lights
- Bluetooth technology helps work these lights
5. Xprite 7″ 75W CREE LED Headlights for Jeep Wrangler
The Best Jeep Wrangler LED headlight lists need to have this version from Xprite. Being DOT approved gives every user peace of mind, but these lights do more than focus on safety. They have a fantastic design that runs during the day and night. At under $100, you can expect quality from this product, but you will not break the bank in the process.
Expect these headlights to be brighter than traditional halogen beams, and know you will be getting 50,000 hours, too. Also, with 3 lighting modes, you can run the lights during the day, as well as with high and low beams. The light will be projected further than you ever thought possible.
The quality, that was stated earlier, comes with this product being made of aluminum and lens of polycarbonate. This product is wonderfully lightweight, as well as shockproof and rustproof.
Installation is a simple plug and play selection. In less than 20 minutes, you can mount to perfection. In terms of fitment, these lights connect with the 1997-2006 Jeep Wrangler TJ, 2004-2006 Jeep Wrangler LJ Unlimited, 2007-2018 Jeep Wrangler JK 2 Door and 4 Door, 1992-2001 AM General Hummer, and 2003-2009 Hummer H1 & H2 models.
- Just over 6 total pounds
- Amazing customer service with this model
- No anti-flicker technology needed
- Certified by European Conformity (CE), Restriction of Hazardous Substances (RoHS), and Organization for Standardization 9002 (ISO)
- Uses high precision driver chip
6. 7″ RGB Headlights for Jeep Wrangler 1997-2017
Looking for the best Halo headlights for Jeep Wrangler models? This option is a pretty great selection you may want to look in to. Included are 2 LED headlamps and 2 LED fog lamps. There will be no need to worry about maintenance issues with this model of lights.
The Halo lights can be controlled by Bluetooth technology that works on an Android and an iPhone. Timing function with music can be synced to your liking. The lights can even flash to the continuousness that you want. With unlimited color varieties, you can control flashing, brightness, and even blinking.
These lights work well in models like the 2007-2016 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited 2 and 4 doors. 2004-2006 Jeep Wrangler LJ Unlimited, 1997-2006 Jeep Wrangler TJ, 1981-1985 Jeep CJ-8 Scrambler, and 1976-1986 Jeep CJ-7 models.
In each package, it includes 2 headlights, 2 fog lights, a controller harness, 2 H4 to H13 adaptors, and app instructions. The controller harness is only needed if you are having a flicker issue. Suparee really makes a quality product that only ways about 8 pounds. If you have any questions, Suparee has a friendly customer service staff that can assist you.
- These lenses are scratch resistant
- Aluminum uses waterproof technology
- Temperature resilience
- 6 color options to sort through
- Headlights product 300% more light than standard lights
- Over 50,000 hours of lighting
7. 7″ Round LED Headlight with DRL
If you are looking for a tough build and superior lights, this next brand might be for you. As some of the best Jeep Wrangler LED headlights, this brand has sealed beam headlights that keep water out of your headlights. Built as a 3-in-1 unit, there is an array of 8 wide-flooded lighting options.
To install, you can unplug your traditional lights and plug in your new LED headlight selection. Using your vehicle’s electric socket, you can connect with ease. If you are nervous about reverse polarity, you are protected with this product.
This product is really multi-dimensional because it can be placed in Harley Davidson, F-Series Pickups, and of course Jeeps. A printed installation guide will get you on course in no time after you receive these headlights. If you have ever replaced a light bulb, this process will be just as easy.
Lastly, you should know that this product is built to last. Built using a polycarbonate-housing unit, these headlights are water and dust resistant. With a 1-year warranty, even if your product breaks, it will be replaced completely. At under $105 per light, you can be sure you made a great purchase.
- Cold white color temperature is 6000K
- Wires can easily be spliced to use for a daytime running lights (DRL) connection
- The system uses 12 volts
- The wiring is a 1 ground and 2-power trigger system
- Fast delivery time
8. Sunpie Black 7″ Round LED Projection Headlights Kit for Jeep Wrangler
If you are a Jeep Wrangler owner, you are bound to have heard of these Sunpie headlights. These lights can be applied to models from 1997-2017. Some of the models include the Hard Rock Edition, the Wrangler JK, JKU, TJ, LJ, and Freedom Edition, Rubicon, Sahara, Willys Wheeler, Altitude, Dragon Edition, X Sport Utility, as well as 1992-2001 Hummer H1 and H2.
This product is approved by DOT, SAE, E-Mark for legal lights on the road. Additionally, there is a 1-year warranty if anything breaks at all. In every purchase, make sure it includes 2 LED headlights, an adaptor (H4-H13), and a flicker harness if need be. When installing, you may need to angle face these lights in place, so they do not disrupt oncoming traffic.
At less than 5 pounds, this headlight kit is the perfect 40-watt variety. The LED chip lasts over 30,000 hours. Built of aluminum, you can expect this invention to last for years. One word of caution: if you are having been using the light, do not touch it directly after use. It may cause a 1st or 2nd-degree burn on human skin.
- Clear upgrade over stock headlights
- Installation time takes less than 15 minutes
- Limited alignment needed during the fitting process
- Fast-shipping and excellent packaging
- Top-notch customer service for each and every customer
9. Omotor 7″ Jeep Wrangler RGB Halo LED Headlights
Omotor may very well make the best headlights for Jeep Wrangler models. They have so many superior colors that you may need to keep up with your state standards, due to the fact that not all the color options are road legal. These lights fit a variety of Jeep Wrangler and Hummer models.
One of the great things about these lights is that the 7′ LED bulbs are easily replaceable with high-intensity discharge (HID) and Halogen headlights. You can expect these lights do not need any maintenance through the life of the product. Moreover, these lights are waterproof against any wet element that comes your way.
For LED power, these lights use 40-watt technology for high beams and 30-watt for low beams. Also, an internal fan keeps your lights cool, even in the hottest of weather.
Bluetooth equipment comes standard with this option, and when purchasing, you will receive 2 LED headlights, 2 adaptors, and a Bluetooth drive to get your technology up and running.
- Uses 3.3 amps and 12 volts
- Body color is all black
- The lifespan of these lights maxes out at 50,000 hours
- Mounting hardware is stainless steel
- Bluetooth technology allows for 15 million different color assortments
- Withstands temperatures of -20 to 60 degrees Celsius
- The installation allows for easy-going adjustments whenever is convenient for you
10. DOT Approved 7″ Black LED Headlights
The last best Wrangler LED headlights on our list are these DOT approved black LED headlights. Perfect for the 1997-2017 Jeep Wrangler JK, TJ, and LJ models. Like all the models on this list, they are an easy plug and play headlights and fog lights.
With built-in electromagnetic compatibility (EMC) functioning, you will not have any problems with flickering at all. So, no spare decoder will need to take the place of this tool. Along with this technology, anti-flickering will allow your radio to not be interrupted, so you can listen to your tunes in peace.
The LED lamps are 100% original, which is made from durable black aluminum. For the lighting covers, they are made from soft plastic and tough glass varieties. This means car washes will not scratch up your new headlights.
The entire units are waterproof, and you can expect over 50,000 hours of light use.
Included with high and low beam options are fog light additions, too. Each package contains 2 – 7″ LED headlights, 2 adapters for headlights (between H4 and H13), 2 – 4″ fog lights, and an H16 wired adaptor for fog lights. Each product comes with a full 1-year warranty.
- Brand of lights are made in the United States of America
- No build-up of excess heat
- Free shipping options
- Safety feature turns off high beams when fog lights are in use
- Added brightness compared to stock lights
Buying Guide: Things To Consider When Buying Jeep Wrangler LED Headlights
Now that you know the top-10 list of best Jeep Wrangler LED headlights, it is important to know some of the benefits of the product. Let’s first start with the light quality. When using LED lights, you are getting better light quality for you as a driver and other drivers around you. Luckily, you will not be blinding anyone because of the clear light that is white.
Another benefit is fuel efficiency. Compared to stock lights, LED lights actually save you fuel because they do not burn gasoline as much. Another thing that lasts long is the light itself. Stock headlights do not stand a chance with the LED competition.
Installation really is as simple as it comes with LED headlights. With plug and play technology, it is as easy as plugging in a cord to the wall. Also, you will be able to save a ton of money on labor by doing the install on your own. However, if you do not feel confident doing the install on your own, any mechanic can make it happen for you. All kits include instructions for you or the mechanic to be successful every step of the way. With other lighting systems, the ease of the install is not always the case.
After the install, these lights really are maintenance free. With some LED lights only lasting 5,000 hours, other varieties can they can run 10x as long. Even if you only use the LED lights 50% of the time, they can last over 20 years of time. These headlights truly are an investment that is worth buying.
The anti-flickering harness is made to allow for minimal flow disturbances. Most packages come with this, so your lights do not have any issue. Even during installation, this piece will save you time and money all in one felled swoop.
Also, it is important to know that the climate where you live will impact your new headlights differently. If you live near a beach, for example, fog lights will not be needed, but above sea level, this is a completely different story. In this climate, fog lights are imperative your safety and the others around you. So, get familiar with the weather you live in and allow your Jeep to work for you.
The Eye Effect
Additionally, if you have poor eyesight, you may consider getting even brighter lights. This way, it will help you see the path in front of you.
When it comes to online shopping, manufacturers have different policies for shipping. Some of these things include return policies, pick-up, and a number of delivery days. Make sure you have the right address and know how long the process will take for you to get your headlights. By reading all the policies, you will be well on your way to avoiding unnecessary hassles. Then, you can enjoy your new purchase and see them shine on the highway or down a dirt road.
Comparison of LED vs. HID vs. Halogen Headlights
When it comes to light-emitting diode (LED), HID, and Halogen headlights, there are definitely some important similarities and differences. LEDs are low energy lights that are brighter than the halogen option. In terms of crispness and sharpness, you can expect it to be better than HID and no glare either. Typically, these lights are smaller in size and come in a variety of shapes. LEDs last longer than both halogen and HID options on average. However, when it comes to cost, you can expect LEDs to cost more and they are not as bright as HIDs. Even so, LED lights really are the gold standard of the headlight industry.
HID lighting only needs a few seconds to reach its full potential. With a 2,000-hour lifespan, you can assume great use from these lights. Being energy efficient is an understatement because they really use minimal vitality over the life of the light. You will see that HIDs are more expensive than their halogen counterpart, and glare issues can sometimes arise. With a complex design, these lights can be hard to install, but when they are working, they are good to go. HID lights really lead the way, along with LEDs.
The last type of light is halogen. These are the cheapest of the 3 options, but they do come in the most sizes. They are easy to replace to get your Jeep Wrangler back on the road again. Unfortunately, they are notorious for wasting energy, and extra care is needed to help these lights along. Also, the light spread between halogen and HID lights really is not comparable. If you need more brightness, it is probably because you are currently running with halogen lights. You might want to think about going with a replacement,
How to Install LED Headlights
As you look to install your LED headlights, it is important to follow these steps to success.
#1 – Choose Your Bulb Type: Are you looking for a single or dual beam bulb that helps with low and high beams. Check your car owner’s manual if you are unsure.
#2 – Buy the LED Kit: When you find the version that works for you, purchase it online or in a store.
#3 – Open and Get Acquainted: Depending on when your box arrives, open it up and check out the contents. Make sure you have everything you were expecting, which should be 2 LED bulbs, wiring, and 2 ballasts.
#4 – Photo Time: Start by taking before shots of what your lights looked like previously.
#5 – Unplug Old Bulbs: Find the original headlight bulbs and disconnect them to make way for your new headlights.
#6 – Insert New Bulbs: Next, connect your new headlight bulbs where you disconnected the old ones. If you are installing with bare fingers, do not touch the bulb with your bare hands.
#7 – Add the Ballast: One end connects to the bulb, while the other attaches to the anti-flicker harness.
#8 – Secure You Headlight Casing: After you have attached everything, screw it all down and zip tie any additional wiring that may cause trouble.
#9 – Hit the Road: Check your cut off lighting from the new LED lights and then take it out on a test drive. At this point, you may even what to take an after picture to see what improve your LED lights made.
FAQs: Frequently Asked Questions About Jeep Wrangler LED Headlights
Q-1: If I purchase LED lights, will I be helping the environment around me?
- LED lights are the future of the Jeep Wrangler world. The newer the Jeep, the more upgrades you will see. So, no matter how old a Jeep you have, progressing to these lights will be an efficient move for you.
Q-2: How important is the anti-flicker harness, and do I actually need it?
- Not every LED lighting purchase connects specifically with your vehicles wiring. That is really the purpose of an anti-flicker harness. If you can get a package with a harness, you should do it just in case. It will not cost you an arm and a leg, and you do not need to use it right away. Install your lights, and check to see if they are having a problem or not. If they don’t flicker, you are good. But, if they are having problems, it may be time for the anti-flicker harness.
Q-3: Which LED lights are best for my Jeep Wrangler?
- Consult your owner’s manual for any questions you may have or call Jeep customer service for any additional help.
Q-4: Will my lights really last 50,000 hours?
- Usually, that number is the peak they will last. Expect them to last at least 30,000 hours. Anything after that is the icing on top.
Q-5: How important is it to purchase headlights that use Bluetooth technology?
- In this current day and age, a lot of LED headlights use Bluetooth. If you struggle with Bluetooth, maybe LED lights are not for you. Maybe sticking with halogens may be your best bet. Or maybe you are ready to get with the times and bite the bullet. It really has more to do with what you think you can handle or not.
Now that you know the best Jeep Wrangler LED headlights are the market today, it is time for you to make your important decision. Decide what you need and go for it. You really will not go wrong with any of these options on the list above. But, take your time and be happy with the choice your spent time and money considering. In the end, you will have better headlights than you have ever had before, and, with cool color options, you will own the road with your Jeep Wrangler. Happy trails and stay after out there.