Last Updated on
In the world of Jeep Wranglers, it is important to think about accessories. One thing you should look for the Best Jeep Wrangler Antenna options money can buy. Nothing is worse than dealing with a stock version of a Jeep Wrangler. It is neither pretty nor unique for a Jeep Wrangler to have. This way, when you are out and about, you will not lose your antenna because of trees in the woods or car washes. These negative experiences can really wreck a fun outing with your Jeep Wrangler.
So, take some time to get to know what these top-10 Jeep Wrangler antennas can do for you, and then go and get one for you and your ride. It may end up being the best purchase of your life. With easy installation and strong construction, you will be getting a quality product that will last and last, no matter where the great outdoors takes you. Also, check our another buying guide of LED Headlights if you need.
10 Best Jeep Wrangler Antenna: At A Glance
|1. Bullet Antenna for Jeep Wrangler|
|2. Rugged Ridge 17212.10 13" Antenna|
|3. Rydonair Antenna Compatible with Jeep Wrangler|
|4. AntennaX Off-Road Antenna for Jeep Wrangler|
|5. AntennaX The Shorty Antenna for Jeep Wrangler|
|6. CravenSpeed Stubby Antenna|
|7. AntennaMastsRus – The Original 6 ¾ inch|
|8. VMS Racing 50 Cal Caliber Bullet Antenna|
|9. Sukemichi Aluminum Short Bullet Radio Antenna|
|10. Rydonair Antenna Compatible with Jeep Wrangler|
Let’s hop into our Product Review, shall we?
- Top 10 Best Jeep Wrangler Antenna Reviews:
- 1. Bullet Antenna for Jeep Wrangler
- 2. Rugged Ridge 17212.10 13″ Reflex Antenna
- 3. Rydonair Antenna Compatible with Jeep Wrangler
- 4. AntennaX Off-Road Antenna for Jeep Wrangler
- 5. AntennaX The Shorty Antenna for Jeep Wrangler
- 6. CravenSpeed Stubby Antenna Replacement for the Jeep JK Wrangler
- 7. AntennaMastsRus – The Original 6 ¾ inch
- 8. VMS Racing 50 Cal Caliber Black Bullet Antenna
- 9. Sukemichi Aluminum Alloy Short Bullet Radio Antenna for Jeep Wrangler
- 10. Rydonair Antenna Compatible with Jeep Wrangler
- Buying Guide: Things To Consider When Buying Jeep Wrangler Antenna
- How to Install Jeep Wrangler Antenna
- FAQs: Frequently Asked Questions About Jeep Wrangler Antenna
Top 10 Best Jeep Wrangler Antenna Reviews:
1. Bullet Antenna for Jeep Wrangler
One of the best Jeep antenna options is this choice from Bullet Antenna. It naturally connects with Wrangler JK and JL versions (2007 and newer), and it also works with Wrangler TJ (1997-2006), too. To start, people will notice the difference between a traditional stock antenna and the awesome one you have. There is a design that prevents theft because the antenna locks in place because of its tough tread make-up. The installation is a breeze, as you twist off the old antenna and add the new one seamlessly. With no tools needed, this will take you only a few minutes.
Because of the antenna’s amazing construction, it is only 1-piece that is made of aluminum and hard black anodize. You can expect this antenna to not fade or break apart over time. Also, if you use this as an off-road antenna, your Jeep will definitely need a bath over time. Do not worry as you take it into a car wash, but water will not hurt the product. Your Bluetooth and Aux inputs will continue to work day after day. Lastly, if you are a veteran who has supported the nation, Bullet Antenna values the service of the military, so this brand really respects and goes above and beyond to show their appreciation to these people.
- Lightweight at just over 4 pounds
- The total length is 5 inches
- Amazing customer service that has your back
- Stylish look
- Stellar radio reception
2. Rugged Ridge 17212.10 13″ Reflex Antenna
Another Jeep antenna you should keep an eye on is this next one from Rugged Ridge. This antenna has a classic style and design. Many view this model, with contemporary construction, as a great buy for any JK Wrangler (2007 to newer) owner. One of the great things about this option is its compatibility with U-connect, GPS, and Bluetooth devices. Additionally, you will get equal reception that is similar to the standard OE antenna. When your antenna is up and running, you will not have to worry about signal loss at all. Peace of mind is really what you should experience whether you are off-roading or on the highway.
As antennas go, this brand is one of the most lightweight options on our list. At less than 2 ounces, the antenna barely weights anything at all. The installation asks for the Jeep owner to replace the traditional antenna, and then twisting on the new antenna, using the adaptors and screws when needed. If the antenna does break, there is hope though. A limited 5-year warranty will get you a brand new antenna to fix any problems that the last antenna had.
- Added flexibility compared to stock antenna options
- A variety of adaptors that make for an easy install
- The height of the antenna stay clear from obstacles and branches
- Multiple lengths from 6 to 21 inches
- The antenna is slightly curved for modern aerodynamics
- Construction is made of pure metal
- The design is in 3-pieces
3. Rydonair Antenna Compatible with Jeep Wrangler
Some say the best antenna for Jeep Wrangler models is this version from Rydonair. This model works with Jeep Wrangler JK and JL editions from 2007 to 2019. Made of flexible material, this antenna is made from rubber on the exterior. With this design, it is resistant to harsh weather. Even if your antenna hits an overgrown tree or a piece from a car wash machine, your model will hold up against a beating.
With most Jeep Wrangler antennas measuring out to 31 inches, your new sleek model will only be 7 inches tall. Know that you will get the same reception, but you will not hit things will your smaller antenna, like the larger variety. A fiber column keeps your antenna sturdy and stable for the life of the vehicle. To install, you only have to screw onto the current mounting antenna system, and you will be good to go in a matter of seconds.
Whether you like AM or FM radio, your reception will be quality all the same. Reviewers have even said that they have noticed a better performance than the typical original equipment manufacturer (OEM) antenna.
- Super lightweight at less than 2 ounces
- Sirius Radio works with no problems at all
- Only needed tools are pliers and a wrench
- Easier for snow removal when using this antenna
- Uses a 4-piece carbon fiber system for easy replacement
4. AntennaX Off-Road Antenna for Jeep Wrangler
Off-road antenna owners rejoice with this marvelous product from AntennaX. There are so many sensational things to like about this model, but one of the best qualities is that it fits in 2007 Jeep Wrangler JL and JK options all the way up to 2019. As a plug-n-play variety, you can expect installation to go over quickly. There is no wiring to figure out. When replacing your stock 31-inch antenna, your new low profile option will only be 13 inches. With traditional metal shafts that are boring to look at, the flexible rubber choice, from AntennaX, really stands out above the crowd.
For reception sake, you will not have to worry about losing your precious signal. Users say that reception stays 99.9% the same with others saying it improves tenfold. Additionally, services like On-Star, Bluetooth, GPS navigation, and Sirius XM will not be affected because they use different antennas. At 1.6 ounces, this antenna is as light as a feather. After installation, you can park in a parking garage or up on a mountain, and you will get the same great signal.
- Hard rubber technology will not break in a car wash
- Stable construction will not bend when driving at high speeds
- Great for off-roading and on-the-road
- The antenna will not come loose over time
- Strong signal strength
- Matte black improves the stock raw metal
- Perfect for black or white Jeep Wranglers
5. AntennaX The Shorty Antenna for Jeep Wrangler
The AntennaX “The Shorty” edition is one of the best Jeep Wrangler antenna alternatives for owners in today’s day and age. It is one of the more inexpensive options that will not break your bank when you buy it. Specifically, “The Shorty” works in Jeep Wrangler JK and JL models from 2007 to the present day. The traditional 31-inch option will be gone before you know it, and be replaced with a 5-inch choice. “The Shorty” is a black billet antenna that is made purely of aluminum.
Quick installation will happen with this Jeep Wrangler antenna upgrade. It is a plug-n-play model that uses the bolts already mounted from the stock antenna. Do not worry about wiring or excess adaptors. This antenna uses strong threads to twist on and then stay on. Statistics will this brand say that 80% of users notice nothing different from the reception, which means your reception will stay the same before and after. Expect your strong radio stations to stay loud for you to enjoy. Also, because services like Sirius XM Radio, On-Star, and GPS use a different antenna, your new upgrade will not get in the way of things. No matter where your antenna is on your Jeep, it will make the appearance of the front or rear a lot more appealing on the road.
- No problem when getting a car wash
- The antenna does not change colors over time
- Can be painted if desired
- Factory bronze color
- Will not hit against any windshield
6. CravenSpeed Stubby Antenna Replacement for the Jeep JK Wrangler
If you are looking to improve your Jeep Wrangler JK, this Craven Speed model may be for you. As a best CB antenna for Jeep Wrangler possibility, this replacement piece is just over 3 inches. It fits Jeep Wranglers from 2007 to 2017. “The Stubby” was made to look as good, or better, than the stock antenna.
Do you have a few seconds? That is all you need to install this replacement choice. No tools are needed, and you can expect greatness because it is made in the United States of America. Being power-coated and machined in Oregon, even the shipping comes from in house. The building process is meant to last forever. This all-metal option is made of aluminum that is stainless, so corrosion will not happen at all.
Are you worried about your Jeep’s reception will a new model? Do not be because it is very uncommon for the signal to become weaker with “The Stubby.” Even if there are issues, it can be returned easily back to CravenSpeed. Not all companies are like this, so be happy knowing that CravenSpeed has your back if you own their product.
- Antenna only weights 3.2 ounces
- No garage ceilings or car washes will ever hit your antenna again
- CravenSpeed model is a one-size-fits-all product
- Chipping, Fading, and/or cracking is not a thing with this antenna
- Great for off-road use
7. AntennaMastsRus – The Original 6 ¾ inch
Still can’t find the best Jeep Wrangler antenna for your vehicle? The AntennaMastsRus may be a winner for you. To start, it is great in any car wash. At only 6 ¾ inches, this antenna will bend, but it will not break. Instead, it will just bend back to place. With this added strength, AntennaMastsRus believes their product will work for you. However, if it breaks within the first year, they will replace it free of charge to get your antenna working well again.
Expect the same reception from this product as the traditional stock. Made of stainless steel, this product is made in the United States of America. In the heart of the Midwest, Wisconsin, you can expect this product to have a crucial connection with every Jeep Wrangler it works with. When installing your best Jeep antenna, the threads will work seamlessly with your vehicle, allowing for a secure and stable fit.
On the outside of the stainless steel, there is an ethylene propylene diene monomer (EPDM) coating, which is weather resistant and will not decay over time. Based upon product testing, the antenna can sustain temperatures over 250 degrees Fahrenheit.
- German Engineering Technology
- Constructed with an internal copper coil
- Reception is 85% more conducive with this antenna
- Full refund, if not fully satisfied
- Weighs less than 2 ounces
- Easy screw on installation
- Uses a flat finish for every product
8. VMS Racing 50 Cal Caliber Black Bullet Antenna
If you use your Jeep Wrangler for off-road racing, you definitely will like this next choice from VMS Racing. Let’s start with the style. This antenna is a bullet shape design that is trademarked by ESR Performance. The design is not a generic brand, but the bona fid real thing. To know it is the real deal, no product will be used, but in its original box. Also, they will not have been installed in any Jeep before.
The quality of this antenna is second to none. As one of the best antenna for Jeep Wrangler options, you will see that the aluminum build is no joke at all. This is not the cheap, cast-molded variety, for machined billet strong. At 5 ½ inches, your antenna will not get in the way, but rather stay out of harm’s way. When installing, you will not need any annoying adaptors or excess tools. Using your hands to screw it in will be all you need.
The VMS Racing antenna really has outdone itself with the number of Jeeps it adapts to. This antenna is compatible with the Jeep Wrangler Sport, JK, JKU, JL, X-S, X, S, Sahara, Rubicon, and Unlimited from 2007 to 2019.
- No need for a signal amplifier
- Works with Chevy models
- Reception keeps your great local stations
- Threads stay locked and snug
- Antenna reduces wind noise
- Easier to clean than the stock model
9. Sukemichi Aluminum Alloy Short Bullet Radio Antenna for Jeep Wrangler
The brand Sukemichi has not come up yet in this review, but it should be on everyone’s list for best CB antenna for Jeep Wrangler choices. Made with aluminum alloy high-grade, there is no way the product will rust. Its durability is unlike any stock option, and you can presume it to fit in Jeep Wrangler JK and JL editions from 2007 to 2018.
Many people get concerned with the quality of reception they will get with an upgrade like this. The fact of the matter is this antenna maintains the signal you have previously, and in many cases, the reception improves. If you are looking for easy installation with your antenna upgrade, you have come to the right place with Sukemichi. They use a plug-n-play system that screws into the base of the original stock antenna.
Similarly, this product is comparative to AntennaX and Rydonair brands but is still one of the more expensive options for a Jeep Wrangler antenna. However, this price is not exorbitant enough to turn people away from this product. Recently made, in 2018, Sukemichi continues to look for ways to enhance their product to make it the best possible for its customers.
- Just over 4 ounces
- No fading or chipping will happen with this product
- Tools are not needed for the install
- One of the newest antenna options on the market to date
- A little over ½ a foot in length
10. Rydonair Antenna Compatible with Jeep Wrangler
When looking for a Jeep Wrangler antenna upgrade, Rydonair should be on your list. Fitting in 2007 to current models, Rydonanir makes a Jeep antenna that is made using shape memory. Here’s how it works: whenever the Jeep is out on the go, this flexible antenna snaps back into place. Even if it bends, the antenna will mold back to its original intention. This antenna construction is made of water-resistant technology on the outside that will keep all weather out. Durability is not a concern with this selection either because it is built to last.
At 13 total inches, this Jeep antenna is less than half as tall as a Jeep’s customary model. With a fiberglass column, your new option will stay in place, and look stylish doing it with the color red. By screwing this antenna onto your original base, there are no annoying adaptors you have to use to get on track. In a few seconds, you will have your antenna install, ready to get back on the road.
As you get back on road, your radio will work clearly with this antenna for AM and FM presets. Sirius radio also works well, too. In each package, it includes an antenna adaptor assembly and the mast. At just over 2 ounces, this antenna will not weigh you down.
- Easy install with no added parts
- No signal loss, even when out of the country
- Lock tight threads so the antenna will not come undone
- Constructed of copper cord
- No tools are needed, only hand tightening
Buying Guide: Things To Consider When Buying Jeep Wrangler Antenna
Now that you know the top-10 best Jeep Wrangler Antennas in the 21st Century, you now need to consider a few things that you want out of your product. Let’s start with style.
Style over Reception:
Some people do not care much about using their traditional radio. Instead, they would rather use Sirius XM Radio, Bluetooth, or Auxiliary. These are the kind of people that love the style a new antenna can bring about. With many brands on this list, style is the primary reason for many of these companies. Stylish antennas are usually shorter in stature to help with the beauty of your Jeep Wrangler.
FM, AM, or Both:
If style is not your thing, you may care a lot about reception. Some antenna option transmits AM and FM frequencies without a problem. However, some gather FM stations just fine, but the AM signal may struggle. Additionally, if you are near a city, FM stations may be better for you. On the other hand, if you live in a rural area, AM stations may have more reception. Depending on where you live, make sure to check what antenna brand and how their reception quality it will work in your area. You can imagine that the higher up your antenna is, the better the reception it will receive, too. However, make sure it does not go up too high, or you might start battling with Mother Nature or the Great Outdoors. Because, ultimately, the longer it is and the higher up it is, your antenna will get a better reception.
Having your antenna bend not break might be something you care a lot about. There are definitely important aspects to having a flexible antenna. If you are driving under an overhanging tree, a stock antenna may get caught or break off, but not with a smaller Jeep Wrangler antenna option. Any trail hazards or car washes will be no match for your upgrade. Also, if you live in areas with harsh weather, a shorted antenna enhancement will keep you and vehicle out of trouble.
Companies have a couple of materials they use to make the best Jeep Wrangler antenna selections. Some are made from inexpensive aluminum, while other varieties are constructed from aircraft-based aluminum and/or copper. If you spend a small amount of money on an antenna, you will probably expect the material to fade over time. It also may need a replacement. More expensive options, like the same materials used for aircraft, will not chip or fade. So, when looking to buy a Jeep Wrangler antenna, use your budget to find the best quality material. This way, your antenna will work great and look great year after year.
Where do you Want Your Antenna?
Not everyone wants to install his or her antenna right where it was customarily. There are actually a few other places to safely and structurally mount an antenna. Some of the places include the hood and the rear bumper.
Luckily, when it comes to the best Jeep Wrangler Antenna alternatives, you will not have to lose an arm and a leg when buying your model. Most antennas are priced between $20 and $50. Check for shipping options because some companies may send your antenna out to you for free.
How to Install Jeep Wrangler Antenna
When looking to install your best Jeep Wrangler antenna, there are a few things you need to familiarize yourself with. First, know that factory tuning is something that all antennas have. By following instructions with your antenna kit, it will live up to its optimal performance.
Most antennas are plug-n-play that means you can unscrew the standard stock antenna and twist on your new upgrade. Most brands say you will only need your hands for the install, but some may need pliers or a wrench to tighten.
Some of you may want to test the reception when you are done with the install. Of course, you can turn on your radio to get a sense of how your antenna is functioning, but you may also what to check your SWR readings. The best-case scenario is that your readings for Channel 1 and 40 are equal with the lowest Channel 20 reading. If you run into a problem, you may notice your Channel 40 reading is higher than your Channel 1 frequency. To fix this problem, remove your cap and add heat shrink to expose the last few turns of wire to get your reception back to normal.
FAQs: Frequently Asked Questions About Jeep Wrangler Antenna
Q-1: Will this antenna work with my Jeep model?
- This is a question that comes up a lot these days. If you own a Jeep Wrangler, check the owner’s manual, or with the company directly, to help you with the process. This way, you will get the specific measurements to help you along in the right way. There are also some cases where you may need an adaptor to finish the job right. Most companies ship adaptors with your antenna you purchased, but you might have to buy one separately.
Q-2: Does my antenna have a warranty?
- Many people want to know what happens if their antenna breaks. Will they get a refund? Will they get a replacement? It really depends from company to company. Some have no refund or replacement policy, while others have a year warranty up to 5-year warranties. Of course, with added warranties, you can expect the cost of the product to go up.
Q-3: Does satellite radio conflict with the traditional AM/FM frequency?
- The great thing about satellite radio is that is will not conflict with the traditional reception. AM/FM radio uses a completely different antenna than satellite radio. This allows for great reception, no matter what you are listening to.
Q-4: How do I know if my antenna is flexible?
- Whenever you see an antenna that is rubber-coated, you can expect it to be flexible. Usually, when the antenna has a stainless steel casing on the outside, the antenna will not have much give at all.
Q-5: How far away will I be able to get radio signals?
- This question really depends on what part of the world you live in. If you live in a city or suburban area, you can expect to get more channels and further frequencies. Rural areas may have fewer FM frequencies, but more with AM because they can transmit further. However, depending on the brand, you can expect antennas to transmit 30-40 miles of for FM stations, on average, and hundreds of miles with AM stations.
Now, we have come to the end of this review/buying guide for Jeep Wranglers. Be patient and research your decisions before settling on the right antenna for you. There is nothing worse than buying an antenna you do not even like in the end. Find a company that allows you to try the product and return it if you do not like it. This way, you will ultimately find the right antenna for you and your ride. When you finally do pick the right one, enjoy the great outdoors, wherever you take your Jeep Wrangler. There is a great big world out there for you to see. Happy trails!