Some of you might be wondering what is the importance of a floor jack for a Jeep Wrangler when there is already so much clearance under your vehicle. With 8 to 10-inches under the chassis, you may be of the mindset that a floor jack would be a waste of money, but this could not be further from the truth. Having the best floor jack for Jeep Wrangler is as necessary as putting gas in your vehicle.
However, if you are looking to customize your baby, then a jack should be a necessity for you. In this article, you will be able to sort through 10 different products for you to consider, while learning the safety of using a jack, what are the different kinds of jacks, and much more.
Editor’s Top Picks
So, without further ado, let’s get started talking about the best floor jacks for Jeeps in the 21stCentury.
- Top 10 Best Floor Jack For Jeep Wrangler Review:
- 1. Arcan ALJ3T 3-Ton Quick Rise Aluminum Floor Jack
- 2. QuickJack 5175376 BL-5000SLX Car Lift
- 3. Powerbuilt 620422E Heavy Duty 4,000 Pound Triple Lift Jack
- 4. Arcan XL2T Black Low Profile Steel Service Jack
- 5. Blackhawk B6350 Black/Red Fast Lift Service Jack
- 6. Craftsman 3-Ton Floor Jack, Jack Stands, and Creeper Set
- 7. Torin Big Red Hydraulic Trolley Floor Jack
- 8. Hi-Lift Jack XT485 48”
- 9. Pro-Lift F-767 Grey Low Profile Floor Jack: 2-Ton Capacity
- 10. Pittsburg 3-Ton Low Profile Floor Jack
- Highlighted Features:
- Things To Consider When Buying Floor Jack For Jeep Wrangler
- Different Types of Car Jacks
- How to Use a Floor Jack Safely
- FAQs: Frequently Asked Questions About Floor Jack For Jeep Wrangler
- Q-1: Can I lift my Jeep Wrangler that weighs more than the weight capacity of my floor jack?
- Q-2: How do I choose the right floor jack for me?
- Q-3: If my jack does not reach my vehicle, can I add pads?
- Q-4: Are cheaper jacks as good as a more expensive option?
- Q-5: Where should I use my best jack for Jeep Wrangler?
Top 10 Best Floor Jack For Jeep Wrangler Review:
1. Arcan ALJ3T 3-Ton Quick Rise Aluminum Floor Jack
To start this review, we have to talk about the Arcan floor jack. It is a sensational truck jack that will be hard to keep your eyes off of. This jack can hold up to 3-tons of weight, but it will not weigh a ton, as you carry it around. The device is super lightweight because it is made of the same aluminum that aircraft’s use.
With two pump pistons, the floor jack rises and drops down quickly and efficiently. The lift arm is reinforced, allowing your increased strength, great control of your chassis, and durability that will last the life of this model. Additionally, you will not have to worry about your vehicle getting damaged when using this floor jack. A rubber saddle, along with a bumper that is made from foam, will never scratch up your vehicle.
When you are done using this great model, it comes apart for simple storage. Lastly, trust that the ASME PASE-2014 Safety Standard covers this floor jack. With rigorous certifications like these, you can work under your vehicle with ease knowing that Arcan has done its homework to keep you protected.
- Comes with a limited warranty of 1-year
- Lift ranges are from 3-3/4 inches to 18-1/8 inches
- Item weighs just over 50 pounds
- Product is made in the country of China
- The maneuverability is this floor jack’s greatest attribute
- Only takes 10 pumps for a minor lift
2. QuickJack 5175376 BL-5000SLX Car Lift
The QuickJack Car Lift is not your ordinary floor jack. This jack for lifted Jeep does not take a backseat in this department. It runs on a 110V AC Motor that lifts the entire vehicle off the ground. Also, if you need a different motor, you can get it in 12V DC, 220V AC, and 240V AC models respectively.
At 215 pounds, this is a very heavy model, but it is meant to stay in one place while lifting your vehicle up and down with ease. Know matter if you are doing normal maintenance or doing an overhaul on your Jeep, this floor jack can do it all. QuickJack has safety down to a science as well. When using this car lift, there is a lock bar to safety protect you against injury. As you are ready to use the hands-free model, you can engage it whenever you want.
Even though it is one of the most expensive options in this article, remember that this is a great option for anyone serious about working on their Jeep. Lastly, if you live in the state of Illinois or California, in the United States of America, know that local sales tax will apply more compared to any other states in the union.
- Model is made of welded-steel
- Product is made in the country of China
- Amazing hydraulic technology
- Can raise a vehicle 22-inches off the ground
- Holds over 5,000 pounds
3. Powerbuilt 620422E Heavy Duty 4,000 Pound Triple Lift Jack
If you are still looking for a durable floor jack model, Powerbuilt, a section of Alltrade Tools LLC, makes great quality products. With its patented design, you can remove the lift rails and saddles quickly, if you are looking to clean or replace them. By holding over 4,000 pounds, you can rest assured that this floor jack will get the job done right.
Locking safety is another reason why this product is one of the best portable truck jacks in this day and age. The safety locks the jack wherever you want it. There will be no movement after that unless you are ready to release it. Not only will this lift Jeeps and trucks, but it can handle all-terrain vehicles (ATVs) and cars as well.
By following ANSI standards, Powerbuilt, a company founded in 1979, knows that its customers will appreciate the attention to detail. This way, you will be able to work on the task at hand and not think of anything else. It will be all about the enjoyment of this product.
- Handle length measures out at 40-inches
- Items weigh 85 pounds
- Jack lifts from 8-5/8 inches to 18-5/8 inches
- Meets ASME standards
- Comes with a 1-year warranty
- Great value for the money you pay
- Well-built for multiple uses
4. Arcan XL2T Black Low Profile Steel Service Jack
With a height ranging extending from 2-3/4 inches to 24 inches, this Jeep off-road jack is perfect if you have a small chassis. It can truly give you up to 32-inches to play with. Arcan uses a dual pump technology that allows you to lift your vehicle in a flash. Additionally, a universal joint is used to give you all the control you will ever need with a floor jack.
This product falls on the ASME PALD standards of 2009, so you can trust what you buying. Also, you will not have to fork out huge amounts of cash, and you will not receive a 2nd-tier product. Trust this weekend warrior to get your vehicle enhancements done in no time at all.
At just under 100 pounds, this durable, heavy-duty product will last you year after year. It can be shipped anywhere in the United States of America and to military bases across the country. The day you receive your great floor jack, know that there is a 1-year warranty on the product and any replacement parts you may need.
- The handle can be removed for storage
- The lift arm is 32-inches long
- The product comes with free shipping
- Solid and wide lifting base
- Very smooth lifting mechanism
5. Blackhawk B6350 Black/Red Fast Lift Service Jack
With a lifting range from 5-1/2 inches to 22-inches, this floor jack from Blackhawk is one of the best of the bunch. Before you use your jack for lifted trucks, you can release the valve by turning it clockwise. This way, you can raise the saddle and get to work on your Jeep.
The hydraulic jack in this model is perfect for lifting a vehicle, but do not use it as a support. Make sure to add jack stands to help support your vehicle. You can stay safe during the process this way. This model can hold over 3-tons of weight, which means 7,000 pounds will be a breeze to lift.
At 85 pounds, this floor jack does not weigh as much as you might think. It is portable enough to move around your garage, out to your driveway, or you can haul it to a neighbor’s house to help them with any automotive problems. With quick lifting technology, this product is made with great steel construction and swivel saddle making it one of the most efficient floor jacks in today’s market.
- Backed with a 1-year warranty
- Made in the United States of America
- Arm detaches for easy storage
- Jack comes pre-oiled
- Super sturdy no matter what you hold up
6. Craftsman 3-Ton Floor Jack, Jack Stands, and Creeper Set
A floor jack that can hold over 6,000 pounds should be on your radar, so check out this option from Craftsman. This selection can hold up cars, trucks, trailers, SUVs, and even minivans. In each set, you will receive the floor jack, 2 jack stands, and a creeper to roll under the vehicle with ease. The creeper is 3-feet long and includes a headrest at no cost to you.
The lifting range for this best floor jack for lifted trucks goes from 5-1/2 inches to 19-1/4 inches. This is more than enough clearance for you to get under any chassis. With easy assembly and storage possibilities, you will love this floor jack and company from the get-go.
Weighing in at 73 pounds for the whole set, you will be able to move the equipment around without breaking your back. Additionally, if you need to replace the padding at any time, you can simply unscrew them from the structure and switch them out with ease.
- Craftsman welds the seams of its jack stands for a solid construction
- Perfect for an oil change or replacing the breaks
- Hydraulic fluid will not leak
- Made in the country of China
- Saddles diameter is 3-1/4 inches
- Size of the flock jack pad is between 1-3/16 to 1-1/4 inches
7. Torin Big Red Hydraulic Trolley Floor Jack
Jeep Wrangler Jack Points should be given to the company Torin. They have come up with an amazing floor jack that works with other trucks and SUVs, too. An extra neck will save you a lot of time when you are rotating the tires or changing out the breaks. There is an attachment you can buy to add if you are looking for an even longer neck. Also, you will be able to lift even vehicles that have the highest chassis. With a lifting range of 5-7/8 to 17-1/4-inches, there is not anything you can’t do with this product.
3-ton capacity will be able to hold even the most mammoth of vehicles. This heavy-duty jack will surprise you with its 360-degree swiveling capability as well. At just over 43 pounds, this is one of the most lightweight floor jacks around. Many of the same competitors weigh at least double to the mass of this floor jack.
Made in the country of China, this product has a strong resume for breeding success when it comes to floor jacks. Furthermore, the extension head is easily removable if you are looking for a replacement, and it has a diameter of 2-1/4 inches.
- Fantastic maneuverability
- Extra sturdy even when holding an exorbitant amount of weight
- Easy-to-use instructions
- Amazing ground clearance
- Works right out of the box
8. Hi-Lift Jack XT485 48”
Some of you are looking to have the highest lift possible from a floor jack. How is one that can raise a vehicle 4-feet in the air? Now, with appropriate jack stands, you will be safe, while keeping your Jeep propelled upward. As one of the best jacks for Jeep Wranglers, you will see instantly why this product is so good.
Since Hi-Lift showcases this product as the top of the line, understand that is has a lot of impressive extras. With a gold clamp, winch, and spreader attachment, every component of this set is covered in a rust-resistant covering. The jack itself is made from powder-coated charcoal. It comes in a two-piece handle set, making it super reliable wherever you use it.
Hi-Lift prides itself on keeping its customers safe. With safety stickers all over the instructions, box, and jack, you will be able to feel secure in what you are doing, and not risking your health. At 33 pounds, this product is ultra-lightweight. You probably will not find a jack that works as hard, but weighs so little.
- Can hold over 4,600 pounds of weight on average
- Maxes out at 7,000 pounds
- Perfect for vehicle recovery, as well as working in your shop
- Construct is all-cast based
- Made in the United States of America
9. Pro-Lift F-767 Grey Low Profile Floor Jack: 2-Ton Capacity
Another jack for Jeep Wrangler is this next one from Pro-Lift. With an extremely low profile, you will be able to reach under any type of vehicle. The lifting range of this model goes from 3-1/2 to 14-inches, which will give you a lot of room to get under your chassis.
Pro-Lift has patented its product, so you will not have any over-pumping issues. Additionally, the whole product is rust-resistant, so it will not break down over time. Made of the sturdiest steel construction, a long-term make-up is what you should expect. At only 30 pounds, this product is perfectly portable to take anywhere you need to travel to.
No matter if you are looking to replace some rotors or adding a new exhaust system, this floor jack can do it all. Pro-Lift is no kidding when they say they have created a product with overload protection to keep you safe every time you use the product.
- Can be shipped anywhere in the United States of America
- Comes with a 90-day full warranty
- Uses hydraulic jack oil to function properly
- The outside diameter of the cup is 2-1/4 inches
- Saddle shaft can be removed
- Very easy-to-use over the life of the product
- Best floor jack when you are on a budget
10. Pittsburg 3-Ton Low Profile Floor Jack
The last best floor jack for Jeep Wrangler is this one made by Pittsburg. This low profile jack comes standard with a complete jack stand set. At 89 pounds, this product is best that will not break your back, as you push it around. When you order this product, you will receive the stands first, and then the floor jack a few days later.
Made in the United States of America, this product is built with a hard-working nature in mind. When you receive your floor jack, you will have to attach the handle by screwing it in with a drill or a screwdriver. The total height lifted is 19-inches, which is plenty of room to get under a Jeep chassis. Perfect for rotating tires or doing a simple oil change.
As you open the box with your floor jack inside, the first thing you will notice is the sturdiness of the product. Then, as you play with it, the maneuverability will be unequalled and the ease of using this product will be unmatched.
- Simple pumping to reach the height you want
- Perfect for the garage or the driveway
- Big and hefty make-up
- Only takes 10 pumps to reach 19-inches
- Less work pumping will give you more time to focus on the task at hand
Things To Consider When Buying Floor Jack For Jeep Wrangler
When buying the best jack for Jeep Wranglers, there are a few things that you should consider. Check out this list of 6 things to ponder before making your final purchase. This way, you will have made a well-educated decision that will benefit you and your vehicle.
How your product is made should be a big deal to you. Floor jacks should have a quality construction for the most demanding of automotive jobs. A quality truck jack should be able to hold up a few tons of weight. But, the metal that is used determines how good a floor jack is and how much it costs.
Aluminum is one of the most common options on the market today. It is really strong, but quite lightweight as well. However, these are the most expensive options. Steel is another common material that is used. This material does not cost very much, but its make-up is extremely heavy and not good to tote around.
Overall, aluminum seems to be the best selection here. But, if you are on a budget, steel might be your only option to work with at the time. Either way, make sure you have a Jeep off-road jack that is made from one of the two materials.
Knowing what you are up against in weight matters as well. By nature, floor jacks are not lightweight compared to other automotive products. To hold the amount of weight needs to keep a car in the air, floor jacks need to have some girth to them. With that being said, many floor jacks weigh less than 50 pounds. But, many of these jacks weigh closer to 100 pounds in total.
Depending on how much you want your best floor jack for Jeep Wrangler to hold, that should be your determinate; not how much the jack weighs. However, if you struggle moving heavyweight around, buying a lighter floor jack may be your best bet.
3. Floor Jack Speed
When using your floor jack, different vehicles will bring about different challenges. For example, a Jeep will be lifted quicker than a truck. But, the floor jack speed depends on the model that you buy.
So, start by figuring out why you want a floor jack in the first place. Are you going to use it in your garage when you have a lot of time on the weekend? Or are you going to use it portably, in case of an emergency? These two examples do not need the same speed of the floor jack. Truly, we are only talking about seconds to minutes here, but as people say, “Time is money,” and this may matter to you.
Having a safe product might seem like a no-brainer, but not every company follows as rigorous of standards, as was stated on the list earlier. Floor jack safety should be a non-negotiable. Floor jacks only keep the car up. Jack stands help stabilize. Never think that a floor jack is enough to keep your Jeep off the ground. You could severely injure or kill yourself in the process.
5. Height of Your Jeep
When you have the best portable truck jack, you will be able to overcome a lot of mechanic challenges. But, you have to make sure that your floor jack can reach your vehicle. With many cars being lifted in this day and age, you need to understand how much room you have under your chassis. This way, you can pick the right floor jack for you and your lifestyle.
6. The Right Warranty
Having a warranty might seem like the cherry on top for some. But, the truth of the matter is that you should have a warranty with any floor jack your purchase. A warranty can get you out of a bind if something breaks or you decide against using it. Trying about a product with no commitment can go a long way if you are still unsure of what best floor jack for lifted trucks to use. Then, if you do not like the floor jack, you can return it at no cost to you, and go on your merry little way.
Different Types of Car Jacks
When it comes to the best floor jacks for Jeep Wranglers, there are four different types you should be aware of. The list includes bottle jacks, floor jacks, hi-lift jacks, and scissor jacks. Of course, there are more, but these are the top four in our estimation.
1. Bottle Jacks
The construction of bottle jacks is formed in a cylindrical shape. A lever is used to create pressure, allowing the jack to move upwards. Additionally, you can use two bottle jacks to make a floor jack. However, they do not have wheels, so they are not as easy to maneuver. Another con is the fact that stability depends on how good the surface is or not. Other jacks work regardless. This can make your job unstable while being very dangerous.
2. Floor Jacks
The best floor jacks for Jeep Wranglers are sweet for repairs and maintenance. By using hydraulic pressure, trucks and other vehicles can be raised in no time at all. There are 4 wheels on a floor jack, so you can place them around your vehicle with no problems at all.
Depending on the weight capacity that you want, you can hold up different tons of weight. Just make sure to check the manual before you raise a vehicle that may be too much to handle. The downside of floor jacks is that most are quite heavy and can’t be stored very easily.
3. Hi-Lift Jacks
These types of jacks are impeccable for off-roading vehicles like a Jeep. Jacks for Jeep Wranglersusually need something that can lift the chassis higher than normal vehicles, especially if the vehicle gets stuck on a boulder when off-roading.
Many of these jacks can raise a Jeep over 5-feet in the year, and it can hold up to 7,000 pounds of weight. The shortest a hi-lift jack can raise is 3-feet, so if you have low profile vehicle, this might not be a good option for you. Nevertheless, these are super portable that they can be kept inside the vehicle.
4. Scissor Jacks
A scissor jack is what manufacturers put in all their vehicles. They are extremely portable, but they do not hold a lot of weight. A long screw is used to keep the legs of the scissor jack together. When the legs are brought together, the jack lifts higher into the air. These jacks are made for the specific vehicle they come standard in, and should not be used with any other vehicle for safety reasons.
How to Use a Floor Jack Safely
When using a jack for lifted trucks, safety should always be on your mind. Here are some tips to remember when working on your Jeep. This way, you will stay safe and have fun all at the same time.
- See if your jack is in decent condition. If it is not, do not use, toss, and get a new one to work with.
- Only use a floor jack that matches its capacity with the weight of your Jeep.
- Stay away from cheap jacks.
- Use the floor jack on a flat, even surface.
- Engage breaks on your vehicle, so it does not move when using a floor jack.
- Test your floor jack’s stability before going on your vehicle.
- Know the lifting points of your Jeep Wrangler.
- Add jack stands for added stability.
- Steady your wheels, so your vehicle will not have a chance to accidentally roll away.
- Do not lower the floor jack when you are under the vehicle.
- Clear off any wet surface where you will be using a floor jack.
FAQs: Frequently Asked Questions About Floor Jack For Jeep Wrangler
Q-1: Can I lift my Jeep Wrangler that weighs more than the weight capacity of my floor jack?
- If you have a floor jack that is brand new, then you can lift a little more weight than the maximum. However, you should not risk this. It is situations like these where people take chances and then they get hurt or even killed in the process. Go buy a new floor jack, sell your old one to get some money back, and live a happy, healthy life.
Q-2: How do I choose the right floor jack for me?
- This question depends on what you need it for. Do you work in an automotive workshop where you lift dozens of cars per day? If this is the case, buy a more expensive jack for lifted Jeeps to help you get the job done quicker.
- However, if you are just working from home on the weekends or only use a jack in case of emergencies, you will not need one that lifts as fact. That is unless you are trying to lift a vehicle due to dangerous reasons. Then, get the facts jack money can buy. Considering your budget may be a factor, too.
Q-3: If my jack does not reach my vehicle, can I add pads?
- This is another question where you should tread very lightly. If you do not have experience with this, danger could rear its ugly head. Pads can tip a car off the floor jack, injuring you, your vehicle, and anything in its path.
- The best option would be to get a floor jack that works for you. However, there are special pads designed for higher lifting, if need be. But, never do this alone and make sure you know what you are doing.
Q-4: Are cheaper jacks as good as a more expensive option?
- You pay for when buying a floor jack. The cheaper jack usually means they do not lift as high, or do they lift as quickly. Cheaper ones will also not last as long either, which could mean damage to your car or even you.
Q-5: Where should I use my best jack for Jeep Wrangler?
- Start by checking out your owner’s manual. This will help you get an idea for where to lift your Jeep Wrangler. Do not pick your spots to lift because this again could be a danger to your vehicle and you fixing the vehicle. Lifting should always be done on a car’s frame, but not the body itself. If you lift on the body, rust may ensue.
At the end of the day, the choice is yours with what best floor jack for Jeep Wrangler you should buy. Research and get some statistical backing to help navigate through the world of floor jacks. Decide between materials, warranties, and price-points. This way, you will find success wherever you need your handy-dandy floor jack. Happy trails and be safe when working on your Jeep Wrangler. Because nothing is more fun than the time you have now to work on your precious vehicle.